• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Week NFC South Thread

Jeremy Igo

Wow, great job by Washington holding Atlanta to 3 in the first half.  Atlanta had scored 75 points in the 1st half of its previous games.  Even if they'd made the FG, holding them to 6 would have been really noteworthy.  Go SKINS!

(It feels fun to root for the Skins again... I was a big Skins fan from 1987 - 1992 when I lived in the DC area... Joe Gibbs golden years...  It was fun.)

Wow, great job by Washington holding Atlanta to 3 in the first half.  Atlanta had scored 75 points in the 1st half of its previous games.  Even if they'd made the FG, holding them to 6 would have been really noteworthy.  Go SKINS!

(It feels fun to root for the Skins again... I was a big Skins fan from 1987 - 1992 when I lived in the DC area... Joe Gibbs golden years...  It was fun.)

before there was a Panthers team, my family was all Redskins fans. there were a sprinkling of Colts, Cowboys, and Falcons fans. but mostly skins fans. so i dont hate them. they're just easy to make fun of. 

Just checked... prior to today. Atlanta was averaging 18.8 points per 1st half, ranking them 3rd in the NFL behind AZ & NE

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/1st-half-points-per-game

But it turns out, Washington has been very stingy with its defense in other games too... allowing only 5.5 points on average in the 1st half, 2nd best in the NFL after Cincy.  (Panthers are 8th lowest with an average of 8 points allowed in 1st half)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-1st-half-points-per-game

before there was a Panthers team, my family was all Redskins fans. there were a sprinkling of Colts, Cowboys, and Falcons fans. but mostly skins fans. so i dont hate them. they're just easy to make fun of. 

Sure, the Skins have been lousy for so long now, and their management so poor.  But they were great in the late 80s & early 90s.  Gibbs really modeled high character and they were a team I could feel good rooting for.  I'd not cared about football since (especially since I've worked overseas for long stretches of time most of the past 23 years)  until catching Panthers fever in late 2012.

Archived