• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*IF* both the Packers and Panthers stay undefeated until they play one another....

Jeremy Igo

The Cowboys get the highest ratings nationally, but I think the Packers are Top 5. If the Eagles are struggling and the Cowboys still don't have Romo back, it's entirely possible we'll be flexed in.

3 straight home games in primetime following the epic Seattle game would be the best stretch in the history of this team...as long as we get more wins than losses in that stretch.

Unless we go 4-0 over stretch (which is extremely possible) it wouldn't top our run in 2013. 

3-4 Eagles @ 2-5 Cowboys

7-0 Packers @ 7-0 Panthers

Yeah, who the hell wants to watch Rodgers & Newton, the 2 most exciting QBs in the league, slug it out in a match-up of unbeaten teams fighting for HFA when you can watch Bradford & Cassel disgrace the term QB in a match-up of sub .500 teams that are missing the playoffs. 

The NFC East media love affair is retarded. 

The sad fact is the fan bases of the NFCE are greater numbers than the rest of the NFL combined. 

The sad fact is the fan bases of the NFCE are greater numbers than the rest of the NFL combined. 

Yeah, there is no bias or stupid love affair. NFC East teams are in 4 of the top 8 media markets in the country. They get better ratings and better ratings means more money. If the TV networks have to sacrifice great football for more money then they are going to do that. The TV networks that broadcast the NFL are all owned by publicly traded companies and it is their fiduciary responsibility to put money above everything else for better or worse.

I'm almost positive that there is a limit on Primetime appearances and I think Green Bay is already at the limit.  There are caveats, of course, that allow for an "extra" Primetime game for teams at the limit but I believe it involves week 17.  All of this could be completely inaccurate, though.

it will not be flexed to 4 because CBS has the doubleheader and afternoon national game that week with Den @ Ind. The game will be at 1.

The FOX affiliates that are airing GB at CAR will be airing it regardless of what time it starts. Big matches will be moved to 4:25 regardless of who has the doubleheader. 

The FOX affiliates that are airing GB at CAR will be airing it regardless of what time it starts. Big matches will be moved to 4:25 regardless of who has the doubleheader. 

It could be cross flexed to CBS which was introduced last year, but CBS would have to give up a big game back to Fox in return in another week which I'd be very surprised if they were willing to do that since they have a pretty good game already for that time slot.

The 4:25 timeslot is exclusive to the network with the double header. The other network's afternoon games start at 4:05 and there is no procedure in the TV rules for a game to be moved from 1 PM to 4:05 PM 

3-4 Eagles @ 2-5 Cowboys

7-0 Packers @ 7-0 Panthers

Yeah, who the hell wants to watch Rodgers & Newton, the 2 most exciting QBs in the league, slug it out in a match-up of unbeaten teams fighting for HFA when you can watch Bradford & Cassel disgrace the term QB in a match-up of sub .500 teams that are missing the playoffs. 

The NFC East media love affair is retarded. 

When the Pats and Cowboys played, they would not switch over at the end. They will stick with Eagles Cowboys, trust me, and i will find something else better to do.

Archived