• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen A. Smith believes we should apologize to Steve Smith

nctarheel0619

He doesn't want to be here.  

But you know what we should do?  Trade San Fran a low pick for Boldin.  Boldin would probably want to be on a playoff team more than Smith it seems.  He brings toughness, experience, and the ability to make the tough catch in the middle/end-zone.

Stop talking about Steve Smith and talk about Anquan Bolden, which is far more realistic.

None of us actually know what kind of teammate he is.  We can only infer that he might not be a great ex teammate.  There haven't been many comments about him from his ex teammates, maybe one or two, but that is about it.

That being said, I don't really care what kind of teammate he was or is.  When a team releases a player, it should be handled professionally.  He should find out about it from the team first, in the GM or coaches office with some dignity.  If he doesn't handle it well, then so be it.  But the team should handle it the right way, particularly with a guy who has been with the franchise so long and stuck with us when we were not good and never demanded to be traded.   

you're right, none of us know. I mean how would I know he punched two teammates in the face, berated fellow WRs in front of the media, gets into fights with cornerbacks like every single year in training camp (he still does it in Baltimore). Or how about when he took time out to personally confront Jermaine Wiggins in front of his children because he said something on a radio show years prior (this was right after they lost in the playoffs to New England last year)

who would know that he did any of that?

you're right, none of us know. I mean how would I know he punched two teammates in the face, berated fellow WRs in front of the media, gets into fights with cornerbacks like every single year in training camp (he still does it in Baltimore). Or how about when he took time out to personally confront Jermaine Wiggins in front of his children because he said something on a radio show years prior (this was right after they lost in the playoffs to New England last year)

who would know that he did any of that?

"He just has that fire, don't ya know?!"

As fans, we make excuses for the behavior of the players on our team because we want to believe that what we cheer for is all good and moral and right.

But now that we're all on the outside looking in, I can't for the life of me see why you would want Greg Hardy and Steve Smith back on this team given the way things have transpired.

Steve Smith will never come home and it's all Montsta and Instagram to blame. 

I accept responsibility for my actions. 

Thomas Davis statue >> Steve Smith statue

You should create a thread with his Instagram post about being "born a Raven" as well as his response to you and sticky it.

That way all future suggestions about trading for Smith can be referred there.

"He just has that fire, don't ya know?!"

As fans, we make excuses for the behavior of the players on our team because we want to believe that what we cheer for is all good and moral and right.

Other people's kids are obnoxious and undisciplined.

Yours are playful and rambunctious.

Josh Norman said after the game on Monday that the team actually hugs one another when they greet each other instead of high fiving..there is a brotherhood going on in the locker room which is one of the reasons why we are winning..putting Steve Smith back in the mix would just hurt what happening in Charlotte right now..

I also said I wouldnt be surprise that Smitty put his son up to do the tweet and when no one from the Panthers organization took that nibble he got mad and did the instragram post..seeing how they lost last night, I wouldnt be surprise if he called Stephen A and had him do another indirect plea to the Panthers..

First of all it's not up to Steve Smith. He's literally making no football decisions on where he plays. Second i've yet to see one compelling reason they shouldn't try to trade for him. It's all just he said she said emotional bullshit that doesn't matter in the least as far as football goes. so lets talk football. steve smith or not the panthers should be trying to get a vet WR at the deadline to make a super bowl push. Smitty fits the bill, i don't care he was mean to you once and nobody else should either

I am pretty sure if there were an amicable way to have kept Steve here for his entire career, Gettleman would have done it.  It is not like this team was overflowing with talent at the receiver position.

The fact that it didn't happen, suggests the complexities of the relationship were too great to overcome.

In the Hollywood version, Smith comes back to catch the Super Bowl winning touchdown with a dislocated hip and a patch over one eye.

In the real world, Smith retires on a team with one of the worst records in football.  Sadly, a scenario he is all too familiar with from his years with Carolina.

More's the pity.

Archived