• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youngins at the games.

toldozer

3 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Do they charge full price for tickets for little kids? Honest question, I have no idea.

Never been to BOA, but if they're like other stadiums these days, every person must have a ticket to enter, no matter their age, and every ticket has a price no matter the age of the occupant of the seat.

I have been a single mom for 18 years. I understand not wanting to miss out on things because you have kids. But I also understand that it's not just about what I want. You are the best judge of your child. If you think its appropriate to have your infant at the game, and that infant is not disrupting those around you, then I don't see an issue. Me personally, I'm not paying those ticket prices to take my infant because I know I will not be able to enjoy the game as much. I'm a firm believer that as a parent to budget in child care when planning things like this. But I don't think its fair for other people to judge you if you choose to take them. Just make sure you are taking those around you into consideration, too. They paid the same ticket prices and deserve to not have to listen to a crying baby.

If it's a couple with the baby then fine, they have every right to do as they wish. If it's two guy friends and one has a baby...then it's kind of putting a burden on the person going with you. But ultimately this is murica and the guy can do whatever he wants with his kid. Not sure why so many people are determined to judge it right or wrong.

I would say you will not be able to focus on the game with any sort of child under 10 years old. Then it's just up to whether or not you are ok with that.

As someone with 3 kids 10, 5, 3 we tend to wait until our kids are old enough to enjoy an event but have taken the younger ones to soccer games for example...the Stadium here has a play ground and plenty of child friendly areas so there is that to consider for us.

I would never take my child under 7 to a Panthers game though....and tend to agree with the majority of posters on here...there are far too many people out there who just let their child wander around and do whatever they want...I've literally seen a kid walk up to and slap another person who was not related to them...it's unreal just how terrible some parents are so I forgive those out-there who are on edge when they see kids these-days as it seems there are much more children who get little to no actual parenting than there are well behaved kids.

Naturally every poster with kids here will say that their kid is well behaved and it just so happens that's what the terrible parents also say when their kid is running amuck and pissing everyone off. No one I've seen admits to having shitty kids who don't listen so...
Yea my 5 year old is in TOPS gymnastics and there was this new kid running around the gym, cutting up, not listening, yelling, and being a distraction and the parent got pissed at the coach for kicking the kid out talking about "don't tell me how to raise my child"...it's like bitch you aren't raising your child...clearly as he doesn't listen to you or anyone else...

I think that's what people don't want when they go out in public...so yea I forgive people for having the "oh god they have kids" mentality.

There's this much about it, you take you little one to the game you'll be ridiculed in this thread, and if you sell your tickets you'll be ridiculed in another. 

You're the parent, do what's best for your kid. I'm itching take take my son, but at 11 months old and can't make it through a game at home without a nap and such, so I know taking him to a game wouldn't be too good of an idea. 

On 11/19/2015, 8:14:06, Icege said:

My wife and I desperately want to attend a game before the end of the season with our newborn because she hasn't been able to go to a game since Jacksonville (preggos, bebe, and all of that).

Should I tell her that we're not allowed to go unless she pumps enough milk to leave for a babysitter because some fans are douchenozzles?

Actually, some fans are douchenozzles and I wouldn't want my kids exposed to them. The reality is get a sitter. The wife will appreciate it, you'll appreciate it the first time you don't have to change a dirty diaper and miss part of the game searching for a bathroom, you'll both have your hands free to cheer, have a beer or whatever. Also, the people around you won't be looking at you for taking a baby to a football game.

What in the world can a kid that young do at a football game, experience or enjoy? Can't get a sitter? Stay home, enjoy the game on the tube and bank the ticket money for the kid's college fund.

NOOOO!!!!!!

For real, NO!

My five year old wanted to go,  he changed his mind the night before and I didn't shed a tear. He would have been super bored before the first quarter was over, would have whined, and the walk back over that bridge in Nashville would have been pure hell, probably having to carry him as he cried "my legs are hurting".

i took my nine year old and fed her  a big brunch at 1130, on purpose. By 2 she was "starving" and her and my wife had no clue what was going on with the game. She continued to whine about now hot she was and how boring it was.

Seriously, i wouldn't take anyone that age. My youngest, 2, was not allowed, period.

Archived