• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A potential downside for beating the Cowboys on Thanskgiving and being 11-0

Hotsauce

Americas' Teams' Fans' are jumping ship at record numbers right now over to the Panthers.  Other teams fans have been jumping over to Panther fans for the last few weeks, but with the national exposure we just got, the way we played, and our record is the perfect storm for a mass Panthers conversion.

Let's look at some of the reasons we should expect a spike in our fanbase...

-Romo is done, just like their season. 

-Their hopes were crushed when they got beat by us, people tend to root for the team that took out their team. 

-Panthers are becoming Americas Darling team, and Dallas fans do enjoy attention.

-Panthers are heavy Super Bowl favorites, so bandwagoners and people who have nothing to cheer for will love the Panthers because they are easy to cheer for and they will have a team to follow all the way to the Super Bowl. 

Case in point (with the respect of keeping people's identities safe, I won't screenshots) I have already seen 2 of my Facebook fans, who always post annoying Cowboys crap, post pics of Cam and #keeppounding.

While I hate other teams fans, I welcome anyone with open arms that wants to cheer and support the Panthers!

my facebook is filled with people who have never mentioned the panthers in their lives suddenly posting about how the panthers are about to kick y'alls ass. it's pretty annoying to imagine them enjoying the same victories after jumping on so late, but whatever. as long as they stick around we've grown the fanbase and that can only be a good thing.

The more money the Panthers make for the NFL, the more respect they will get from the NFL. The Carolinas aren't a large market, so bandwagon fans are an unfortunate necessity for us to be taken seriously. Welcome them aboard and encourage them to buy more Panthers merchandise. 

I overheard a guy say last night as I was leaving the Speedway, "winning brings out all the panther fans...lol" I was wearing our lucky hat :) I stopped and told him, "i think you are just noticing them since we are winning." 

Not sure why people think they need to prove their fandom by calling out yours. Just say keep pounding and if they respond, probably areal fan. If they think you are hitting on them, well, former seahawk fan.

I live in Canada and the bandwagon is real.  Around my campus I knew of no other Panther fans, and I'm pretty loud and obnoxious around campus about my NFL interests. I remember when we played New England on a Thursday, the 12-4 year there was like 100 New England fans vs. me.  This year everyday I see at least a handful of Panthers hats, or other pieces of gear. Additionally, yesterday I saw a contingent of brods wearing Panthers hats. poo like this never happens because it usually a bunch of greasy dudes who wear NFL gear at my school. My father who is a die hard Steelers fan, and has poo all over the Panthers for my entire fandom, is on the bandwagon hard.  I'd say he's shown more interest in the Panthers this year than his team. 

Archived