• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Saints Fans are Saying

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, TheRed said:

Ehhhhhh. I don't know about that.

How many of those QB's can replicate what he brings to the run game, which in turn opens up our passing game?

Not only pure rushing yardage, and touchdowns, but those crucial 3rd down conversions at critical points in games.

There isn't another Cam Newton in the NFL right now.

That's kind of my point.  You don't need to be Cam to win with this team, because they are strong in many areas.

15 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

That's kind of my point.  You don't need to be Cam to win with this team, because they are strong in many areas.

Based on what exactly? This was a 2 win team before Cam Newton came along.

Yes we have a very good defense right now. We know that. But our offense is still putting up 20+ points per game.

On the offensive side of the ball, so much of our offense is predicated on what Cam Newton is doing at any given moment. The threat of him running opens up the entire offense as a whole. CRA pointed out that Newton is 5th the NFL in rushing 1st downs, and 3rd in the NFL in rushing touchdowns. You cannot understate how huge that is for our offense. Removing that for another quarterback changes everything, and not in a good way.

Besides, there are maybe two or three other quarterbacks in the NFL at this moment who could have their team sitting at 11-0 with Ted Ginn Jr as their #1 WR.

38 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Based on what exactly? This was a 2 win team before Cam Newton came along.

Yes we have a very good defense right now. We know that. But our offense is still putting up 20+ points per game.

On the offensive side of the ball, so much of our offense is predicated on what Cam Newton is doing at any given moment. The threat of him running opens up the entire offense as a whole. CRA pointed out that Newton is 5th the NFL in rushing 1st downs, and 3rd in the NFL in rushing touchdowns. You cannot understate how huge that is for our offense. Removing that for another quarterback changes everything, and not in a good way.

Besides, there are maybe two or three other quarterbacks in the NFL at this moment who could have their team sitting at 11-0 with Ted Ginn Jr as their #1 WR.

Probably based on Derek Andersons two wins last year.

Not that I'm taking sides...but that is something.

16 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

We are strong on Defense.  Our current O also aids them in being strong.

Take Cam out....we have a defense that will be weakened b/c we then have weak WRs, a meh run blocking OL, and an okay pass blocking OL.   Name a QB that isn't a future HOFer that wins has won in that scenario?

Cam masks lots of things and makes people think we are "okay" in areas we really aren't.

On 12/2/2015, 4:27:08, SOJA said:

please what would our record be without Cam

Or Luke...

Or Davis...

Or Olsen...

Or Norman...

Or Short...

Or Stewart...

Or Ealy...

Or Star...

Or Tillman...

Do I need to list our whole oline, finish the secondary and name a few specific holy sh*t plays our WRs have made in clutch time or are you capable of recognizing Cam isn't the whole team? 

• Pie 1