• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper: Why We’re Undefeated (A Must Read)

The Saltman

11 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Harper is a quality man. He's got his shortcomings on the football field, but he gives you everything he has. The Saints backfield really misses his leadership.

You making it real hard for me to continue my hate of Saints fans! In part, because your interaction reflects the "coming down" side for a fan as the inevitable approaches, moving on!

I'm hoping that our front office learns to adapt and not sit on a formula that will age. Most managers will fight to find a successful recipe, but then become scared of bringing in the right pieces to sustain the formula.

Reality is, likelihood of Cam having a Brady/Manning type career is slim. Not impossible, but odds aren't in his favor. A GM that can make the hard decisions, is looking in the upcoming drafts for a franchise 1(b) player. 

I can only imagine the fan base and media the day in which Dave drafts a QB in the 1st or 2nd Rd. when Cam comes off a good year and healthy, the hate will be unreal, however, smart money is with the concept of "being prepared"

This is a fantastic article by Harper. One of the best player-written articles I've read in a long time. I was reluctant in embracing him as he came from the Saints, but his play and knowledge of the game has helped this team and I'm happy to cheer for him on Sunday's. 

26 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Interesting to read tweet from NOLA and what they took from the article.

Ya, I saw that. Since I dont give a crap about the Saints I didnt mention it.

Also thanks Jeremy for updating my thread and making it a better reading experience.

Wow!  This man can write.  Combine that with the creds of having been there, done that, and Harper has a future after football...in football.  That late hit on 89 a few years back still lingers in my memory, but this article goes a long way in showing what kind of person he really seems to be.  What a great read, and such a refreshing change from the drivel so pervasive in the media these days (and all too often on this very forum).

10 hours ago, Moose Hoover said:

When he was a saint, I HATED Roman more than any other defensive player. I have now done a complete 180.

well... Roman has earned it. He himself said that he has done his own 180 since 2009. The truth is that he was the player we all hated back then. But he has grown up, as men tend to do. He has gained integrity. I was never a Roman Harper hater, i was more of a "bide my time and let his actions on and off the field talk to me" type of guy. Im glad i held myself back from hating the dude. im glad we have him.

9 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

American-Flag-Bald-Eagle-Getty-Images.jp

MURICA!

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

(Hey, Salt)

You want to add another dimension to that article?

Imagine what a Saints fan would feel reading some of the things he says about that 2009 team versus this one.

My reaction:

iPhone_6s_The_Camera.gif.2f7fe4736e35c75

7 hours ago, Gin and Juice said:

You making it real hard for me to continue my hate of Saints fans! In part, because your interaction reflects the "coming down" side for a fan as the inevitable approaches, moving on!

Nah... i still hate the majority of them. sports hate, obviously. would give anyone, even a saints fan, the shirt off my back if they needed it. but saints4lifeagain is the exception. he(she? idk) is not rewriting the rule for me. lol.

I'm hoping that our front office learns to adapt and not sit on a formula that will age. Most managers will fight to find a successful recipe, but then become scared of bringing in the right pieces to sustain the formula. Reality is, likelihood of Cam having a Brady/Manning type career is slim. Not impossible, but odds aren't in his favor. A GM that can make the hard decisions, is looking in the upcoming drafts for a franchise 1(b) player. 

The cool thing about this is that Gman has probably set us up for a decade of success. it wouldnt surprise me at all if we make the playoffs 9 of the next 10 years. He's just done that good of a job building this team. Case in point: i thought next year would be the year we would win more than 12 games. not to jinx anything for those that are superstitious (not me), but its looking like we will win 14+ this year. imagine how much we will dominate the league with KB back, Norman locked up (hopefully), and yet another FA/Rookie class from Gman?! it gives me chills to think about, and the league should shudder. paraphrasing from the Good Book (NLT James 2:19): "You believe the Panthers are for real? Good! Even the league believes, AND TREMBLES IN TERROR"

I can only imagine the fan base and media the day in which Dave drafts a QB in the 1st or 2nd Rd. when Cam comes off a good year and healthy, the hate will be unreal, however, smart money is with the concept of "being prepared"

Now this i cant abide by. Gman surely sticks to his BPA. but lets face it, there is no way he drafts a QB unless its in the later rounds, or Cam is a year or two from retirement and the team is grooming for the future.

Archived