• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Rookie Left Tackle Will Start Despite Ankle Injury

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

My only issue with this is, Allen is so washed at this point it's ridiculous.  We barley get any pass rush on the ends usually.  

Hopefully CJ, and Ealy can shut me up this week.  

Yeah, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have zero faith in CJ or Allen getting to the QB on anything but a play where the QB holds the ball for 3.5+ seconds which are coverage sacks. I really think it might be time to turn the reins over to Ealy and Addison and give them 2/3 of the snaps.

• Pie 1

Eli is going to eat dirt all day. Giants aren't ready for this defensive line. Only way they can calm the barrage of pass rushers is to do quick short passes off the line of scrimmage. Or if their running gets going. Which is unlikely. This LB corp is very disciplined and the secondary is above average even without Bene in the lineup. 

OBJ is probably the best route runner and all but honestly they don't have anyone else that will make the safeties or LB's commit to them. I don't expect a shut out since it's a  home game for them but if we get up by 20+ points early in the first. That's it. it's over for the Giants, AT home.

23 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Yeah, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have zero faith in CJ or Allen getting to the QB on anything but a play where the QB holds the ball for 3.5+ seconds which are coverage sacks. I really think it might be time to turn the reins over to Ealy and Addison and give them 2/3 of the snaps.

Unless CJ goes absolutely nuts the next 4 games + Playoffs, there is no doubt he is gone after this year.  

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A little double team on Allen or Ealy means KK Short has one man on him.....

IGO_7763.jpg

Just a side note...

I'm not trying to say anything about the eminently masculine Matt Ryan, buuuuut I did notice that this shot to the groin didn't seem to phase him very much. Again, not trying to question anything per say, just found it... interesting... lol

As for Ereck Flowers... welp.... our defensive line gon eat. That's all I got to say.