• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So whats the issue with the defense?

chknwing

The Giants have a good offense. They could easily have 5-6 more wins if they hadn't shot themselves in the ass so many times in the 4th quarter in many games. 

I think the D lost its edge a little too. We won last week 38-0. This seemed like another walk over at 35-7.

Need to draft a DE or two in next year's draft. The front four (k.k excluded), just aren't getting enough pressure. Allen is spent and C.J hasn't done anything. That leaves Ealy, Addison, and Delaire. Needs to be  addressed along with secondary help.

8 minutes ago, fieryprophet said:

It's one thing: lack of pass rush.

Our defense is designed around the principle of a pass rush, especially when up big late in games, that forces turnovers (see K.K. pressure on Eli and Tillman's INT) and keeps the secondary from being exposed. We simply don't have that right now, and Jared Allen and Kony Ealy and Charles Johnson especially need to pick up their games.

100% this.

They're having to send corners or linebackers in on blitzes now in order to get any sort of pressure which isn't helping our already weak secondary.

I get that Jared Allen is better against the run than Kony is but Allen provides zero rush when rushing the passer. I also feel like the acquisition of Allen has stunted Ealy's development. We've seen him jump offsides multiple times last couple weeks and that's just Ealy trying to do too much when actually given a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Biggest problem was gap assignment in run game.  Even Davis lost focus today when OBJ was allowed to spaz out without impunity. 

I think this was one of the biggest issues today.. OBJ acting like a dumbass and the refs allowing it.  We got out of rhythm after we went up 35-7 on that drive when he showed his ass

33 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

seems to me our pass rush has gotten worse since CJ's return...

Yep, I wish they kept Ealy at LDE, but with CJ's contract and veteran status he needs to play. The Panthers will use CJ's play on tape as evidence for him to take a pay cut or kick rocks. 

Archived