• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Credit to the Secondary

UKPanther94

Going into the game I think we were all nervous about a dangerous pass offense against a banged up defense that was cobbled together, something that became even worse when Davis and Harper went down. But those guys balled back there, holding Fitzgerald/Brown/Floyd for a total of 90 yards is incredible. McDermott did an incredible job making sure they werent able to pick on McClain and Finnegan, maybe a lot was helped by Palmer's meltdown but that in part was exasperated by the play of our secondary. I'm certainly not expecting the Legion of Boom from them but they more than got the job done.

This was definitely a credit to Jared Allen going down. They were able to gash us a few times running the ball but the young gunners we have at DE... They just kept that rotation of fresh legs coming. 

Hiting the QB, hitting his arm, getting to the ball helped the secondary be Opportunistic. not to take anything from the secondary, they really did a nice job. But the front four played so well that even though TD went out, we didn't feel much drop off.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Can't leave Shaq out of the discussion either. Carolina played a lot of base 4-3 before TD got hurt and Shaq had the slot on lock.

3 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

He matched up a lot on Fitzgerald before Davis went out, and won those matchups

Yeah, that was a really intriguing coaching decision, and I loved it. It was working so well, I was a bit surprised they didn't just plug Klein into Davis's role and stick with it.

15 minutes ago, the_philosopher said:

Yeah, that was a really intriguing coaching decision, and I loved it. It was working so well, I was a bit surprised they didn't just plug Klein into Davis's role and stick with it.

coaches are saving the best for last, can't wait to see how we carve up that Denver defense next

I hate to say it, Allen not playing was a blessing in disguise for getting us pressure.  Ealy is the future, played great, and yes, CJ was there.  Also, I'm not sure we lose too much with Boston in.  Harper is great in the run, but Boston won't get burnt as much as Harper on passes.

But props to Norman as usual, but McClain stepped up (just gotta hold onto those INTS!), Coleman as usual grabbing those INTs, Finnigan was serviceable.  Great job.  

Archived