• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a Twitter alert this morning about Eric Weddle

Ruff

38 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

I think it's important to note that we are trying to get more youthful in the secondary not exchange a 33 year old for a 31 year old

We want to win now, who cares if hes a little old. Sign him to a 2-3 year deal. Weddle would be a huge upgrade to our secondary

27 minutes ago, csx said:

And the six starts Boston has are all at FS so I am not sure how he can be called a SS.

Boston can play both safety positions. He has started at both so I don't know why people are saying he's only a SS. I remember last year saying Boston should start beside Coleman and people telling me "he's a FS, not a SS". WTF? o_O 

Coleman has played both also. Weddle has played FS. So I agree that most likely Weddle would go FS with Coleman at SS. 

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Boston can play both safety positions. He has started at both so I don't know why people are saying he's only a SS. I remember last year saying Boston should start beside Coleman and people telling me "he's a FS, not a SS". WTF? o_O 

Coleman has played both also. Weddle has played FS. So I agree that most likely Weddle would go FS with Coleman at SS. 

Boston has not started at SS unless Harper has had starts at FS because Harper has started every game the past two seasons.

I would think the opposite. I would assume Weddle would play strong and Coleman free but who the hell knows.

32 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Weddle would represent a very slight upgrade over Roman Harper.

This is just ridiculous. Weddle was 1st team all pro last year, meaning the best at his position in the league.

This would be a huge get for us, Weddle is really good. You don't worry about how your 4th round 3rd year special teams player can fit in if you're a couple of pieces away from a championship.

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Potentially important or not bonus reason to signing him...we play the AFC West next year. Who would know them better than a former All-Pro defensive player from the Chargers? 

Good point.  Coleman's experience against the NFC East showed several times this year, and at one point I remember wondering aloud here whether Dave G. had picked him up knowing we'd play that division.

21 hours ago, mjligon said:

I'm not against it, actually would like to see him brough in.

at the same time- when are we going to see Boston get an opportunity as a full time starter? It seems we keep bringing in stopgap after stopgap instead of offering the job to Boston. I'm fine with competition, but if we bring in Weddle it's a clear sign that Boston will never be a full time starter for us.

I disagree. Competition is not a bad thing.  

I like Boston and his talent. I have zero problems with competition to make him earn the spot. 

If he can'tcan't beat out the competition, then he doesn't deserve to start, no matter how much we'd likr him to.

Archived