• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a Twitter alert this morning about Eric Weddle

Ruff

This would be huge if we got him. I'm concerned with giving Boston a chance at starting, I'm concerned about making this team better and getting back to the Superbowl. Bring weddle in and if Boston can beat either him or Coleman for a starting gig then great, we've got a young stud and still have a roster that's better from the top to the bottom.

Either way thats how we get better and how get back to the Superbowl.

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

This would be huge if we got him. I'm concerned with giving Boston a chance at starting, I'm concerned about making this team better and getting back to the Superbowl. Bring weddle in and if Boston can beat either him or Coleman for a starting gig then great, we've got a young stud and still have a roster that's better from the top to the bottom.

Either way thats how we get better and how get back to the Superbowl.

Quoting the Huddle critics:

When we don't sign a free agent: "Why aren't we taking advantage of all our options to improve the team? We'd be better off with some established veterans in there!"

When we sign a free agent: "What did we sign his old ass for?  Our young guys should be starting by now!"

40 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'm not concerned with giving Boston a chance at starting, I'm concerned about making this team better and getting back to the Superbowl.

THIS! I'm shocked at the amount of people rejecting an all-pro player because they want our JAG back-up to have a chance. That is not the mentality of a winning team, that is a doomed to mediocrity mentality.

9 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

Isn't he pretty old for a safety?  Is the speed there?  I don't think there is anything special about him.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

We had Roman Harper starting the last two years.....Roman Harper has more grey hair than my 60 yr old dad........let that sink in

7 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Damn CPantherKing hates Gettleman. 

No he seriously does and it makes no sense. Read his post history, there's a ton of Gettleman hate for no reason whatsoever. It's like he just wants to be right about not liking Gettleman and hoping he fails instead of hoping he does well. It's really weird. 

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

No he seriously does and it makes no sense. Read his post history, there's a ton of Gettleman hate for no reason whatsoever. It's like he just wants to be right about not liking Gettleman and hoping he fails instead of hoping he does well. It's really weird. 

Anyone who hates Gettleman is clueless and quite honestly should just be banned. The guy built a team who won 3 straight division titles while getting out of cap hell. 

2 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Anyone who hates Gettleman is clueless and quite honestly should just be banned. The guy built a team who won 3 straight division titles while getting out of cap hell. 

Nah they're just Smitty and D-Will fans, they can have their place.

Doesn't hurt to bring him in.

I'm not concerned about his PT versus Boston.  If anything, he will provide competition.  I don't think Tre is ready to start and help lead a secondary to another SB appearance.  And we all know that Gettleman likes to have a handful of veteran guys despite an physical limitations that may be cropping up.

Archived