• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign C/G Gino Gradkowski

jdpanther5

"The Broncos waived him in the final roster cutdown and the Falcons claimed him ahead of the Panthers on the waiver wire."

Gradkowski started at both guard spots and at center in Atlanta and should provide depth at all of those positions behind Pro Bowl center Ryan Kaliland established guards Trai Turner and Andrew Norwell. Fernando Velasco, who filled that role for the Panthers the past two seasons, became an unrestricted free agent Wednesday.

'He gives us depth at center and guard," head coach Ron Rivera said. "You feel very secure that if something were to happen, you can plug him in and not lose everything. It's very much like with Fernando last year when something happened with Kalil, he had to come in and start the Indianapolis game. We believe that's what Gradkowski can do for us.'"

So a Velasco/Silatolu replacement. Didn't realize he was with the Falcons, Gettleman again going after division-rival FAs.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost positive we brought him in for a visit at some point last year or at least we were linked to him before he signed a 1 year deal with the Falcons.

EDIT: I'm definitely wrong about this by the way

Archived