• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why not a Sign and Trade with J.No

App Panther

I hope we explored options to preform a sign and trade for Norman. If teams are ready to get into a bidding war, I'm sure we could of gotten something out of them to avoid that bidding war. Norman was still a valuable asset on our roster, we just cut one of a Top 3 DB for nothing. 

I believe the Pats did this with Cassel and when he was moved to the Chiefs. 

Gman didn't need to give Norman permission to seek a trade because he was not under contract.  What he probably said was the we would negotiate compensation less than the two no.1s.  If Josh had signed the tender, then we could have traded him.

Sign and trade for a Josh Norman isn't worth much. You get a 1 year rental player and you are expected to pay him a 4-5 year deal at 16mil a year. Who is stupid enough to do this? Honestly if you get something out of it its going to be a 6-7th rd pick. Heck most teams probably don't want to do that deal even if its free which it is now since JNo is a free agent. You have to manage talent and money in this league and in this case the money is way too much. 

35 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

Observer reported trades were explored, none materialized.

Voth said inexperience of Norman's agent was an issue throughout the process.  

I thought they reported the team told his agent he could explore trades.

that is different than a team doing such

34 minutes ago, chknwing said:

because other teams kinda figured Carolina would not be able to get any thing done and just waitied it out.

Basically this. Once you start down that road, teams know they can just wait it out and get a player for nothing on the open market, and maybe for cheaper. 

Archived