• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what does Gettleman do with this money?

cardiackat88.

29 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If Gettleman was offering Norman $10m per season, then he is going to offer KK and Star $7m per season.

Expect both Star and KK to look elsewhere for $13m+ per season.

No worries. I am sure they will be easy to replace just like Norman.

I think Gettleman values his interior DL more than a CB.  I suspect there were a couple more variables G was considering when negotiating with Josh. I think his offer to those guys will be more competitive to try and lock (at least one of) them up.  

stud interior linemen with pass rush skills like KK get paid more than top flight cornerbacks so the baseline for even a "cheap" offer will be higher.  plus gettleman absolutely adores d-linemen

as usual cpantherking is confused.  this isn't a "cheap" front office, this is a front office that operates with a particular philosophy and has a set of values they assign based on that.

no reason to change the FO system because some agent fuged poo up.  with how the panthers have been doing in the draft we all knew some really good players were going to have to walk at some point.  save the money for the biggie contracts coming down the pipe.  one year, prove it deals should suffice.  

15 hours ago, Cam El said:

He's talking about this year. Star is still under contract for two years,  his number will not change. KK's will probably only change by a prorated amount of his signing bonus,  his base will likely stay the same with the extension starting in 2017. Of,  course Gettleman will probably roll some cap space forward but again,  Star's number probably won't change significantly until 2018.

Also,  are we sure about it being $35 million? Both Spotrac and Over the Cap,  show closer to $31 million. 

You don't do anything this year and save it for when their contracts come up. This way you get that 3rd rd comp pick for JNo. Signing players means no comp pick

1 hour ago, panthers1234 said:

You don't do anything this year and save it for when their contracts come up. This way you get that 3rd rd comp pick for JNo. Signing players means no comp pick

Just got to wait until after a certain date.  I think it's right after the draft.  After that date, FA signings don't count against comp pick consideration.

I keep going back to the Joe Thomas, Joe Staley well.  Wait to see which team takes Ronnie Stanley and/or Tunsil, then offer a 3rd this year and our newfound 3rd next year.  Give those hopeless teams multiple second day picks and a salary dump, give the vet a ring, and give us by far the best OL in football at less cost and more years than JNo would have been.  We can absorb the salary and still get Ogbah, Fuller, Ervin, and Byard.

Archived