• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry. Gettlemens Draft This Year Blows

chknwing

Until you show me the Panthers board that has these guys as 6th round prospects I have no reason to trust CBS over the Panthers.  I'm not saying you sound stupid, but saying the value isn't there doesn't sound smart.  Do you honestly believe that the Panthers picked these guys even though they had them as 6th round talent level guys?

Really?

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

no one here is judging the players themselves. just the position they were drafted. They were pretty significant reaches.  Thats the argument here not whether they can play.  Hell even Gettlemen said he jumped off the BPA and reached for need.

Based on Gettleman's draft board, they were not reaches.  Sorry wing, but he has forgotten more about evaluating talent than you, mayock, and mcshay have ever known combined.

I LOVE the draft

I HATE the Huddle during the draft

Surprise picks? Sure. But a lot of dudes we'd been linked to went early in the 2nd. I'm not going to pretend to know jack poo about the CBs we drafted, but I'll trust the staff to coach them up. I didn't know poo about Bene a couple years ago...worked out alright. As for the whole draft position thing...don't people constantly blast Kiper and Co. for their "expert" opinions never being right? GMan hadn't 2nd round grades on these CBs, then he had 2nd round grades on them. I'll trust the dude who's studied them as opposed to getting irrationally angry about a couple players I've never watched play being drafted "too early" because an arbitrary number was assigned to them by someone on the Interwebz. 

I'm not gonna judge the players. I can't, don't know enough about them or scouting in general. All I will say is I was SUPER excited for the draft yesterday at 8pm. Butler was a rotation player picked in the 1st round. "Eh I guess" I said. "Still some solid players left for Rounds 2 and 3."  So I was then excited about the draft at 7pm tonight. And now...I'm no longer excited. I won't even be watching tomorrow. 

The draft is a crap shoot. You can do all the research you want and still get a bust. Teams get busts all the time of specific players who are said to be the best. Yet year in and year out, "Oh draft that player he is really good" or "Omg why didn't you draft ______ instead". Only for the people who say such things to be proven wrong time and time again. It is called a projected round for a reason. It is where the talking heads think that player should go. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round but if you were to redo that draft, chances are he would go number one overall.

How many teams have we seen be given a c or d rating based on who they drafted only for years to pass by and be given a higher grade because those players paid off? Lots.

Archived