• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Vernon Butler Makes Sense + Highlights

Saca312

Why Vernon Butler Makes Sense:

3rd down implications + keeping our DT's fresh til' the end

Well, first off, I'm hyped about this pick. Vernon Butler has the potential and frame to be an absolute monster. He seems to have a ton of power in his push, and just bullies offensive guards from what I've seen. He may have had some pretty low sack rates in his College days, but most of that is due to him being double teamed so much. His arms are huge, and he just snares up his prey in them. He's got nice bursts and moves, and he looks like he'll be a fantastic pass rusher and run blocker. Adding him allows us to have one of the best, if not the best, DT rotation in the league.

"Bub-ub-ub-ub-but we already have Star and KK we don't need anyone else Bahhh I should be GM fug Gettleman" -The Average Fan

Well, I'd like to present last season as an example. Notice how we seem to always loose some steam in the 4th quarter in games, where it's not just because we're using prevent defense...? I'd like to present the possibility of KK and Star being tired by then, and losing the momentum and strength they had from the first few quarters. A lot of responsibility is placed on them, and they need some relief fast. In comes Butler. With this addition, our already stout D-Line will have more time to rest, leading to an endless barrage of hog mollie mayhem. Our elite DT's will keep the foot on the gas for the whole game now! No need to worry about giving up too many points when the QB is running for his life as a barrage of hog mollies come straight at him the whole game. Our LB's will feast, and our secondary will look fantastic. Need more pass rush in 3rd downs? KK and Butler will do just fine in that category. Two elite pass-rushers ramming themselves towards the QB, breaking the pocket, and causing absolute chaos. Just imagine the kind of schemes we can come up with now that we have Butler in our stout DT rotation. OC's heads will just burst. Offensive lines just won't be able to keep up, and quarterbacks will start looking like this more often:

13981579-standard.jpg

bBsP7l.jpg

901eef6d987de42c830f6a706700c41f_r900x49

R.I.P. to every quarterback playing us this year.

Now for some highlights and comments:

1. Vernon Butler: The Visionary

Dak%2Bhit.gif

In this highlight, he's able to make a quick move to go in and snatch the QB. He's got a burst to him, and he looks like he'll do great once he learns a few moves that'll get him going. He's a smart guy, and we all know how much Dave loves his "smaht playas". He'll do good.

2. Vernon Butler: The Hawg Mawlieeeee

Vernon-Butler.gif

"I couldn't help my hog mollie self." -Dave Gettleman

Just focus on what Vernon Butler is doing in this highlight. He's literally pushing away the OG and collapsing the pocket. He's got some massive power to that, and had the QB not been able to get that pass out in time, it would've been a loss for sure. His pass rushing skills are great, and he seems to just play with his match-ups. He's got some serious strength and power, and that'll scare plenty of OL's.

3. Vernon Butler eats RB's for breakfast

WK%2BTFL.gif

I love this highlight. He finds a hole in the OLine, takes advantage of it, and goes straight for the RB with the ball. He's got some good vision in this highlight, and he just pummels the RB to the ground. This shows he knows his stuff, and he'll definitely be an asset to our defense. 

To Conclude

I believe we got some good value from Butler this draft. We got a 5th year option on him, and he should be solid in production. Based on what was available at 30, I think we got the best guy there. Now, I'll just order me a KK and Butler hog-mollie sandwich this season, with the occasional milkshake that Dave likes. 

940x.jpg

Thanks for the insight and the clips. It does look like your first clip has #45 getting to the QB, though... not Butler. It does look like he gets some decent pressure and is nearby at the end of the play.

Archived