• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nfl.com, Who would you want to start your franchise with? Luck or Cam?

Pox 08

You better start talking whether you would rather have Luck or Derek Carr tbh. Luck and Cam isn't even a debate anymore. Luck CONTINUES to make the same mistakes Cam used to do in his rookie year (stare down receivers, hold onto the ball too long, force passes, etc.). Not to mention that Luck has like 10 more turnovers YET has played one less year than Cam. Dude's a turnover machine. Cam has progressed leaps and bounds from his rookie year. Luck? Not so much.

I agree with some of you....that Wilson should be listed,  instead of Luck.      Wilson vs Cam.              I like Luck,  he seems like a good guy,  but he is nothing but pre-draft hype right now.                     Wilson or Cam would be the correct answer for someone to build a team around.  

I get that everyone still loves Luck's potential, but the fact of the matter is that he's not shown the growth expected of a franchise QB.  Like, when is he going to turn the corner?  He's also been the one who's missed time with injuries.  

Cam's game right now is based off his awesome athleticism, where as Luck is supposed to be the more athletic Payton Manning.  I don't think Cam's going to lose his ability to play once his wheels slow down.  He's going to transition to more of the traditional pocket passer.  But even in their later years, both Vick and Cunningham were able to still threaten with their legs, maybe not carry an offense.

Right now, Cam and the Panthers are on the upward trajectory while Luck and the Colts are still in major rebuild mode.  These conversations have to be put in context.  

If you're rebuilding and rebooting a franchise, then you take the guy who can make everyone better.  Cam has done a better job of that than Luck.  Proof:  Ted Ginn Jr....

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in your franchise QB. If you're looking for a pocket QB that isn't going to run a lot and risk injury in every game, Luck is your guy. He has some big shoes to fill following Manning, and I don't know if he's folding under the pressure a little. If you're looking a QB who can do damn near everything but catch his own touchdown pass, which will happen this year, go with Cam. I'll admit, every time he gets hit on a designed run I cringe a little. 

To be fair this was done after the Seattle game. Up until this point in the season Cam wasn't the leader to win MVP. I bet a lot of these guys change their answer now that they saw the kind of season Cam actually had and the durability concerns that will now question if Luck is actually the Qb that can hold up for 15 years.

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Has everyone had a mind wipe when it comes to Luck's season last year? He was terrible, worse than any season Cam has ever had.

I know it's not popular to do so around here, but to be fair to Luck, his 4th season was pretty comparable to Cam's 4th season.  Nagging injuries, missed a few games, played well below his career averages.  The only differences are these:

A) Cam did have a couple games where he played extremely well despite his injuries (Cincinnati, New Orleans, Atlanta).  But again, in fairness, two of those games came after the team finally got the rest of their issues ironed out. But Luck ended his season on IR rather than on a high note.  And his best performance was probably the OT loss to us where he didn't get his head out of his ass until nearly the 4th quarter. 

B) We made the playoffs in Cam's down year.  But if we're being honest here, if our division had a single team even as good as the pretty mediocre Texans were last year, we wouldn't have even had the chance to recover from our disastrous 1-8-1 run that year.

So both QBs had a down 4th year, though Luck's was objectively worse than Cam's.  But it's silly to posit that Luck is garbage or that he has no chance of bouncing back.  Luck is very good, young QB who many can't stand simply because he gets more credit than he deserves.

I'd still take Cam by a mile.  But Luck is not garbage.

have they ever stopped moving the goalposts on this question? ten years from now cam will be a HOFer and luck will be backing somebody up in houston and they'll still say luck would be the best bet because he's got a year less of wear and tear than cam

3 hours ago, Castavar said:

You better start talking whether you would rather have Luck or Derek Carr tbh. Luck and Cam isn't even a debate anymore. Luck CONTINUES to make the same mistakes Cam used to do in his rookie year (stare down receivers, hold onto the ball too long, force passes, etc.). Not to mention that Luck has like 10 more turnovers YET has played one less year than Cam. Dude's a turnover machine. Cam has progressed leaps and bounds from his rookie year. Luck? Not so much.

Oh, but that's only cuz he has terrible talent around him, dontcha know!

It's not his fault!

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in your franchise QB. If you're looking for a pocket QB that isn't going to run a lot and risk injury in every game, Luck is your guy. 

More franchise QBs get hurt *in* the pocket than outside of it, so your statement doesn't make a bit of sense.

Archived