• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Met Steve Smith today

JawnyBlaze

1 hour ago, CoastalCat said:

I've never heard Steve say that he requested to be cut. Only person I've ever heard say it was Rap Sheet.

Said he wouldn't take a pay cut.

He was in the same position as CJ this offseason, take a pay cut, or be cut.

20 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Once Steve is finished playing, he'll come back and retire here.  If he's still using it as fuel, so be it. That's how he's always been. He loves the Carolinas, and he works hard to give back to them,  and that's all that really matters anyways 

yep.

89 loves Charlotte, his family is here...obviously. 

89 isn't going to sign a one day deal with Dave Gettlemen b/c for the "fans".  When 89 retires....our front office remains of the same people it has today....89 will not retire a Panther.  Then he will go home to Charlotte and not give a poo some fan thought he owed them that.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

So if Steve Smith doesn't say it, its not true?

That would be correct, particularly regarding reports of things that ...Steve Smith said. 

If Steve Smith doesn't say that he'd like to be released, claiming that he said that he'd like to be released would not be true. I'll put together a venn diagram later if I get a second. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalCat said:

That would be correct, particularly regarding reports of things that ...Steve Smith said. 

If Steve Smith doesn't say that he'd like to be released, claiming that he said that he'd like to be released would not be true. I'll put together a venn diagram later if I get a second. 

Don't be pedantic.

A thing that is true doesn't have to be said publically in order for it to be true.

But you already knew that.

11 hours ago, Moorgan said:

So @JawnyBlaze you're in the Meade area? I live about 7 minutes from Meade. Are you joining us at Charm City Riot this season? There's a group on Facebook that details events. Let me know.

Also bummed I didn't know about this event. I would've been out there too.

Just joined the group on facebook, first I had heard of it.  I live right outside of Meade too, within walking distance.  I'll look into the events, but I avoid going into Baltimore when I can lol.  I'll try to make into town sometime early this season, I'm going to the preseason game.  I'll be pcs'ing before the year is over though, so won't be around long.

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Just joined the group on facebook, first I had heard of it.  I live right outside of Meade too, within walking distance.  I'll look into the events, but I avoid going into Baltimore when I can lol.  I'll try to make into town sometime early this season, I'm going to the preseason game.  I'll be pcs'ing before the year is over though, so won't be around long.

I'm going to the preseason game as well. The place we go in Baltimore is awesome. It's the travel in and out that sucks if you drink. Hit me up direct and we can exchange info.

During his encounter with JB and his daughter, Smith shows exactly what he is about, and that is just further evidence to the truth of 89.

Steve Smith was never an angel to his colleagues for sure, but he isn't a devil of a man from where I'm sitting either. He was a Panther though, and a great one at that. That's good enough for me not to throw shade on his legacy.

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

During his encounter with JB and his daughter, Smith shows exactly what he is about, and that is just further evidence to the truth of 89.

Steve Smith was never an angel to his colleagues for sure, but he isn't a devil of a man from where I'm sitting either. He was a Panther though, and a great one at that. That's good enough for me not to throw shade on his legacy.

It is weird isn't it. Anybody that is and was a fan while he was here, knows Steve Smith the player. Only one former player that I hate, and he's a murderer. So that's a pretty high bar to get to to really hate or dislike somebody. 

I don't believe he would sign a one day contract from Getty...but if Richardson was the one who would want him to sign it with him I think Smitty would do it, unless the bridge between those two were burned when he was cut?

Archived