• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statue of the Big Cat revealed in honor of his 80th Birthday

CatMan72

Only thing I would have added is a big plaque on the bottom that says

"To all the Cowboy, Redskin, Steeler, and other fans in Charlotte that cling to some lame ass team from far far away, Eat my sh*t ."

6 minutes ago, SCP said:

Only thing I would have added is a big plaque on the bottom that says

"To all the Cowboy, Redskin, Steeler, and other fans in Charlotte that cling to some lame ass team from far far away, Eat my sh*t ."

He should have had a football in one hand and a Cajun filet biscuit in the other 

39 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

He should have had a football in one hand and a Cajun filet biscuit in the other 

As much as I would agree with that, I think the Big Cat prefers a nice Thickburger with [insert ridiculously hot Hardee's model name here] standing to his right

4 hours ago, TheNewStandard said:

My buddy told me the eyes of the panthers are made the same way as the existing panthers.

The Panthers.com article includes the fact that they asked the guy who did the original statues (the Indomitable Spirits) to come out of retirement to do this for Mr Richardson and he had saved some of the same paint for the eyes which was used for these.

6 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

That's the South Carolina  Panther

Seriously though one's North one's South, one's Offense one's Defense.

I assume the lunging Panther is Offense and the prowling & snarling one is Defense? But which is North & South? Or is the point to not know...

7 hours ago, aussiePanther said:

The Panthers.com article includes the fact that they asked the guy who did the original statues (the Indomitable Spirits) to come out of retirement to do this for Mr Richardson and he had saved some of the same paint for the eyes which was used for these.

It also said when modeling the statue that he used clay from all of the previous statues he's done.  Including the Panthers at the gates and Sam Mills statue.  

Archived