• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last offseason thread on JNo24

Cam's New Arm

If we all agree JNo's best assets are his QB reading instincts, is it possible a team like Washington would work it into their scheme to allow him to free roam/gamble more?

Our team is built heavily on scheme.. but maybe there is a better way they are thinking of using him?

I know they also run a bunch of zone.

Im not sure with how their other corners or safeties are rated.. but I think that would be the best use of his 15m salery.

Is that possible? It'd be fun to try to scheme that up.

3 hours ago, Casto said:

If we all agree JNo's best assets are his QB reading instincts, is it possible a team like Washington would work it into their scheme to allow him to free roam/gamble more?

Our team is built heavily on scheme.. but maybe there is a better way they are thinking of using him?

I know they also run a bunch of zone.

Im not sure with how their other corners or safeties are rated.. but I think that would be the best use of his 15m salery.

Is that possible? It'd be fun to try to scheme that up.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Yes, his best assets are his ability to read and react. That's why he's a great zone CB. That's what zone defense generally asks of a CB. He isn't great in man coverage because despite what a lot of Panthers fans think and what I tried to argue until I was blue in the face, he's a below average athlete for an NFL CB. Zone hides that. Asking him to cover one on one man style exposes that.  Gettleman was offering him great money for a zone CB. The Redskins paid him like an elite man cover guy and that's not what he is. Zone CBs are to the secondary what a run stuffing DT is to the DL. They're valuable pieces, but they aren't as valuable as elite man cover guys just like run staffers are valuable pieces but they aren't as valuable as elite pass rushers. Elite pass rushers and shutdown man CBs are the guys who make elite money on defense. It's why Short is gonna make a lot more money on his next deal than Star. The Redskins got a great player in Norman, but they overpaid big time for his particular skill set. If they're smart, they'll just accept that and let him play his zone role and not try to force him to be something he isn't. If they're dumb, they'll try to force him to be a shutdown man CB and he'll be a huge FA bust.

Ah hell, let's hope they're dumb. Norman is gonna make a ton of money from them no matter what. If they're dumb and force him into a role where he won't excel, maybe they'll cut him and we can get him back at a discount. A man can dream, right? 

Just the poo about Captain Kirk says all you need to know about the Washington Redskins...they build around the defense, just ass-backwards...

The cluster-fyck that the Panthers have never fallen for. 

See you back in 2 years JNo. Not mad.

1 hour ago, Jangler said:

Just the poo about Captain Kirk says all you need to know about the Washington Redskins...they build around the defense, just ass-backwards...

The cluster-fyck that the Panthers have never fallen for. 

See you back in 2 years JNo. Not mad.

Huh? They are loaded with talent on offense and spent a1st on a reciever this year..  

Archived