• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newsday: Panthers to work out Will Beatty

jdpanther5

23 minutes ago, caatfan said:

Is that what the Jags offered? Sounds like he's looking for a good deal, and not just some team to pull him out of the cast off FA pile. Maybe he'd also like to play for a good team ....

I don't know what they offered,but their offer will likely be higher than what Gettleman would likely pay. I hope that he looks good, and that his desire to play for Carolina balances the scale.

A couple thoughts regarding whether he'd be willing to play here. Rumors are he wants a starting job. Since he's working out here I'm sure we've been in communication with him and either laid it out one way or another: that he could compete for the RT job, or would be a backup. If it was the first, then if the rumor's true he would have that opportunity here. If it's the second then it's not true since if it was he wouldn't bother working out for us to be a backup. I'd say it's unlikely to happen but certainly a possibility. And one that would help our team quite a bit. He's had offers from other teams but it's very possible that he wants to play for a contender. Like us... I hope it happens. If it does, our line is much improved and knowing DG we wouldn't have overpaid. If it doesn't, I'm sure DG wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

Archived