• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pulling puppet strings on Cam when it comes to political issues??

bLACKpANTHER

6 minutes ago, whatever said:

Oh, no not a Republican. And Cam's "true self" seems to be the Cam that you *want* him to be. Cam's not a racist. Never has been. Never will be....no matter how upset some people might get over him not joining the circus of clowns that are "standing up" for "social justice".

but why do they have to be a 'circus of clowns'??

they believe that cops are using excessive force and killing unarmed black men, kids and women.. they have a platform to show that they are upset and are peacefully protesting.. they have said it is not to offend the troops and even a lot of troops have come out and said they "stand with Kaep".. they fight for our right to protest.. why is it such a big deal? he stood for "God Bless America" at halftime.. he chose to sit for the anthem - which has racial lyrics in it in another verse to the song.. so when he speaks of freedom - Francis Scott Key (a slave owner) wasn't talking about freedom black folks..

to me it makes a lot of sense.. they are trying to bring awareness to the situation.. those that are more upset at Kaep sitting for the anthem than they are at unarmed human beings being shot and killed by the police is just wring in my opinion..

If Cam really wanted to speak out, he would speak out. 

If he decided to hire or listen to an experienced person to help him frame his opinion on this topic, then good for him! Cam's job is to win football games here and be the best QB he can be, not comment on social issues as a representative of the Panthers or the NFL no matter how much the media baits him to give a hot take. 

This is another "can't win" situation for Cam, he speaks his mind and everyone says he needs to be more diplomatic so he consults with a diplomat and is criticized for it. Since he can't win in the eyes of many, he might as well go on and do whatever he wants to do regardless of how it will be perceived. 

I was listening to David Glenn the other day, this guy last year was probably the biggest hater of Cam and his outspokeness. This year he is applauding Cam because he "matured" which is nothing but a code word that he is keeping his mouth shut. Black people can only entertain folks apparently but when they come to speaking their opinions then "Murica" has a problem with them.

Those who say Kap is disrespecting the military haven't even done their research. They see a black man with a voice and a huge movement and they want to silence that. Kap is supportive of the military and in case you were too busy on Charlotte Observer commenting about "Patriotism" you would know many of the military have come out in support of Kap as well.

Cam went through hell last year. Maybe it got to him. Maybe being called a boy, n*gger, or coming at his family every day had a lot to do with his different stance this year. It takes a strong person to go through that abuse. I can't say what I would do if I had to walk in Cam's shoes. Right now Kap has those same shoes on and is seeing all the hate coming at him that Cam saw last season. I hope though Kap stays strong and not give in to and maybe Cam will return to what he was.

and maybe those who feel that Kap kneeling is worthless might want to check out today's #1 Hashtag on twitter and see what should be the real discussion..

#TerranceCrutcher

34 minutes ago, whatever said:

Oh, no not a Republican. And Cam's "true self" seems to be the Cam that you *want* him to be. Cam's not a racist. Never has been. Never will be....no matter how upset some people might get over him not joining the circus of clowns that are "standing up" for "social justice".

Cam's true self is who he has been always. He doesn't bring race into anything much, if ever but when he said that he's a black quarterback and it scares people, he meant that. That was a true Cam statement. What Cam has said in this interview was not a Cam statement. I know he doesn't see color when he's out here giving back, but Cam knows that he's a black man living in this world. I don't mind him being neutral about the situation going on. I understand that for a lot of reasons, he has to. I support both of these black men in their stance but let's be real, the Panthers as an org f-cked him with this and yes they pulled strings because the last thing Richardson wants in for conservative country is for the elephant in the room to be addressed. This isn't the first time they've played him either and that is how I know Cam is a good hearted person. 

Cam's "true self" is a superstar black athlete who doesn't want to endanger his marketability. Big Cat kept him in check when he was fresh, but he's Lebron now and the Panthers are the Cavaliers. No one in the organization is capable of making him do something he doesn't want to do.

19 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

word that he is keeping his mouth shut. Black

I see Kap as a smart individual who is milking the 49ers for millions. Is it just me but does Kap look like a real life QTip? Could he squeeze all that hair into a helmet, or would the helmet just sit on top of this hair and never touch his head?

21 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

I was listening to David Glenn the other day, this guy last year was probably the biggest hater of Cam and his outspokeness. This year he is applauding Cam because he "matured" which is nothing but a code word that he is keeping his mouth shut. Black people can only entertain folks apparently but when they come to speaking their opinions then "Murica" has a problem with them.

Those who say Kap is disrespecting the military haven't even done their research. They see a black man with a voice and a huge movement and they want to silence that. Kap is supportive of the military and in case you were too busy on Charlotte Observer commenting about "Patriotism" you would know many of the military have come out in support of Kap as well.

Cam went through hell last year. Maybe it got to him. Maybe being called a boy, n*gger, or coming at his family every day had a lot to do with his different stance this year. It takes a strong person to go through that abuse. I can't say what I would do if I had to walk in Cam's shoes. Right now Kap has those same shoes on and is seeing all the hate coming at him that Cam saw last season. I hope though Kap stays strong and not give in to and maybe Cam will return to what he was.

and maybe those who feel that Kap kneeling is worthless might want to check out today's #1 Hashtag on twitter and see what should be the real discussion..

#TerranceCrutcher

david glenn is as liberal as they come.   he has been all for kap kneeling and the other big activist issues of the day.  i really dislike his show, but he's always been pretty even keel when it comes to these topics.  can't say i have always agreed with glenn's opinion on cam either, but i don't think "silenced" either just because cam isn't moping on the sidelines as much these days.  

i think you are reading way too much into a lot of this stuff and forming a picture that isn't there.  i notice a lot of us allow ourselves to hear what we want to hear when it comes to these issues -- especially if someone's opinion isn't 100% in line with our own.  this really doesn't help the conversation at all.  in fact it makes it a lot worse, which is why i feel these issues are best left out of the sports world.  sports already make people bipolar enough and i think it might be the only thing in this country that might trump political values.  for example i can guarantee you there are people who despise the kaep movement for nothing more than it is him that is "leading" it.  ideologically they agree with it, they just despise him and therefore his movement.  that makes no sense at all, but i guarantee it is many people's thought process.  same thing goes for cam.  some people refuse to see how good he is because he might have stole a lap top when he was 18.

20 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

Cam's true self is who he has been always. He doesn't bring race into anything much, if ever but when he said that he's a black quarterback and it scares people, he meant that. That was a true Cam statement. What Cam has said in this interview was not a Cam statement. I know he doesn't see color when he's out here giving back, but Cam knows that he's a black man living in this world. I don't mind him being neutral about the situation going on. I understand that for a lot of reasons, he has to. I support both of these black men in their stance but let's be real, the Panthers as an org f-cked him with this and yes they pulled strings because the last thing Richardson wants in for conservative country is for the elephant in the room to be addressed. This isn't the first time they've played him either and that is how I know Cam is a good hearted person. 

Is this National Nobody Listen to Igo day or something?

I must have missed the memo.

28 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

#TerranceCrutcher

Good post.

Lol at the huddle becoming unbearable with these topics. There's only been 4 or 5 topics on this. Like it or not, this is Panther related because it involves our QB. Also, this is being discussed nationally. If you don't like the topic or thread, move on to the next. Simple. So many of y'all also have All Pro, so go discuss what you want in there. Many of y'all in here are uncomfortable when Cam is discussed much, anyways.

Archived