• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers/Vikes game could be moved.

nctarheel0619

I'm seeing posts, claiming to be eye witness accounts, about the shooting during the riots last night. These people are saying it was not civilian on civilian and that it was a police officer who shot a man point blank with a rubber bullet or tear gas canister in the temple. Does this have any traction?

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If riots continue through the weekend. It absolutely will be.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I would think that most sensible people would agree with this. (Fan, and player, safety has to be taken into account.) It is the fan in them that doesn't want anything to get in the way of this Panther juggernaut. Although I will say, that for most of us around here, where they beat the Vikes is not really a concern. It is the PSL owners, and the fans going to the game, that will be put out.

If things cool down in the next few days, the game will probably go on as planned. But, if there is still unrest into Sat., and Sat. night, then yeah, this game could be moved. The question becomes; When would the cut off time be for when you could reasonably move the game? Fri? Could you get everything moved Sat? If you want to wait as long as you can. What happens if things do not improve? Sheesh.

At what level of protest is the game safe? Peaceful protest will not stop the game. If this rioting is threatening the game, JR, and the NFL, will have a tough decision to make.

For the Panther fan in all of us, and especially for those folks in Charlotte. Let us hope this situation can be brought to a peaceful conclusion soon.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

NFL stadiums would be a seamless accommodation. So much behind the scenes already in place.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Accommodations?  That can't be the only reason.

I think this is partially the NFL being a cheap bunch of fugs.  Moving it to Atlanta or Washington wouldn't give us a home field advantage at all.  Moving it to Raleigh, or Clemson (both not playing at home this weekend) would make the most sense from a cost perspective.  But, if the NFL has to pay the College to use their stadium.  That makes the most sense why they wouldn't hold it there, especially for the cheap ass NFL.  Shakes head.  So fuging stupid.   

14 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

Damn I would hate it if it was moved to Atlanta or Washington.  I probably wouldn't be able to make it.  Im assuming there would be no refunds or anything if your a season ticket holder would there?  

If it did have to get moved why not move it to one of the local universities like USC, Clemson or even NCSU.

I would think there definitely would be a refund to any season ticket holder who did not want to go to a different site.  Especially if it ends up being four to up to eight hours away.  I would even hope people who purchased single game tickets would be treated the same way.  The difficult part would be the people who bought from brokers.  They will have to probably deal with that person in how they handle it. 

Archived