• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Remmers was our highest graded Offensive Player

Rags

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

honestly he didn't even struggle against denver. i think he allowed one hit late in the game, and stoned miller one on one all night

Carolina had to adjust everything Cam does for him to survive that game successfully.  Cam didn't drop back in the pocket and couldn't make his standard downfield throws.....because if he did Remmers would have been ate for lunch again.  That doesn't make Remmers good.

he really struggled vs Atl personnel on that fast turf last year too.  One of the biggest things to watch this week.  Will Carolina go back to a week 1 approach and design the gameplan compensating for the fact they can't do what they prefer because Remmers can't hold vs the talent?

28 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

2014 the hands where forced to play them, but who knows for sure they are not loyal to vets lol 

No they didn't have to, they just had to wait until they were ready. Did he have to start Bradberry when he had McClain and Benwikere as vets. Nope you are wrong again. This isn't John Fox.

30 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

When you are playing max protection and its 3 receivers vs 7 db's, the chances are you're gonna need to hold the damn ball. And there are rarely dump offs

Oh really. I thought a slant worked the same against everyone and didn't matter how many DBs are out there. And do you hold the ball on a dumpoff.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Carolina had to adjust everything Cam does for him to survive that game successfully.  Cam didn't drop back in the pocket and couldn't make his standard downfield throws.....because if he did Remmers would have been ate for lunch again.  That doesn't make Remmers good.

he really struggled vs Atl personnel on that fast turf last year too.  One of the biggest things to watch this week.  Will Carolina go back to a week 1 approach and design the gameplan compensating for the fact they can't do what they prefer because Remmers can't hold vs the talent?

ATL was the first to really expose him.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't get all the hate. No, Remmers and Oher are not the best OTs in the NFL and they aren't going to hold up against the best DLs in the NFL. That said, we should have had 40 points in the first halves against the 2 of the top 3 scoring Ds in 2015.

The safety was Oher's fault, but we also had 6 guys blocking the other 3 DL, including 3 on the LDE. The RB could have helped out on Oher's side. That said, even with all of that, Cam held the ball way too freaking long.

It is amazing that we can't see how Minny/Denver had success against our solid front 7. Denver never let Siemian go more than 2-3 seconds. They used the RBs. The RBs had 2 times as many yards as Sanders/Thomas. In the Minny game, the TEs had 2 times as many yards as Diggs, who was leading the NFL in yards after 2 weeks. How come those teams adjusted to provide an easier time for their OL, but if we do that means our OTs are garbage? When we jump into deep drops/hold the ball a long time, we are going to put Cam in position to be hit/sacked and blow up drives. Simple as that. When we didn't do that and mixed it up, we had scoring drives. Same OL the entire time, two different results.

Week 1 was different than the Super Bowl and Vikings game.  

We had bad game plans in the Super Bowl and Minny games vs strong Ds.

We had the right gameplan week 1.  We missed a kick.  Our OL even with the right gameplan is going to lose some battles.  2nd half of the week 1 game was more of just the more talented Denver D getting their share.

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I rather see the JAG OT get injured than my MVP QB because of whiffed blocking, and when he does get injured we will become a better team. Addition by subtraction

When I say injury, I dont mean season ending but something to take him out couple of weeks and give Daryl Williams chance to play.

None of that makes it any better.

Hoping one of our players gets hurt is a pretty good sign you take football way too seriously and probably need to get your real world priorities straight.

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't get all the hate. No, Remmers and Oher are not the best OTs in the NFL and they aren't going to hold up against the best DLs in the NFL. That said, we should have had 40 points in the first halves against the 2 of the top 3 scoring Ds in 2015.

The safety was Oher's fault, but we also had 6 guys blocking the other 3 DL, including 3 on the LDE. The RB could have helped out on Oher's side. That said, even with all of that, Cam held the ball way too freaking long.

It is amazing that we can't see how Minny/Denver had success against our solid front 7. Denver never let Siemian go more than 2-3 seconds. They used the RBs. The RBs had 2 times as many yards as Sanders/Thomas. In the Minny game, the TEs had 2 times as many yards as Diggs, who was leading the NFL in yards after 2 weeks. How come those teams adjusted to provide an easier time for their OL, but if we do that means our OTs are garbage? When we jump into deep drops/hold the ball a long time, we are going to put Cam in position to be hit/sacked and blow up drives. Simple as that. When we didn't do that and mixed it up, we had scoring drives. Same OL the entire time, two different results.

I think there is a difference not talked about here...

Those teams adjust to play toward their strength.  Their strength isn't QB play. 

Ours is. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

No they didn't have to, they just had to wait until they were ready. Did he have to start Bradberry when he had McClain and Benwikere as vets. Nope you are wrong again. This isn't John Fox.

Come on man what are you taking about that year we lost Mitchelle , Munnerlyn and other secondary players so yes they had to start before they where ready. Same thing this year with Bradberry

8 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I don't need PFF grades to tell me what I'm seeing. Oher and Remmers have regressed and have been awful this season.

I wouldn't say regressed. We played probably a top 3 defense in week 1 and 3. If you want to stop all pros from denver and the vikings your going to need all pro OLs. Our OL guys are very good against average to bad teams. They have average against good teams and they are poor against the best defenses. 

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Oh really. I thought a slant worked the same against everyone and didn't matter how many DBs are out there. And do you hold the ball on a dumpoff.

Wtf? 

Like i I said the chances of their being a dump off when it's 3 receivers only is slim l, a dump off in our offense is 10 yards down the field.

Archived