• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Captain Munnerlyn Can't Let Go

NJPanthers12

There have been two Panther fan favorites that I always could not stand and could not wait to be off the team. Those two Panthers were DeAngelo Williams and Captain Munnerlyn. It looks like Captain has no joined DeAngelo in not being able to let go. First he took a shot at Devin Funchess and now is going after the Panthers locker room, saying that when the Panthers are trailing in a game they are incapable of coming back and give up.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/panthers-nfc-south-cam-newton-matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-tampa-bay-buccaneers/1it2q41t3lbzx1lb9f71ldpj67?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I know Captain is good friends with CJ and TD, so I am not sure what his deal is with the constant shots. I took this as a direct shot on Cam and his ability to rally a team. This shocks me because all you ever hear is how great this locker room really is. I don't know what it is about Carolina, but I have never seen so many player take shots at their former team.

Just proves my point that Captain Munnerlyn is garbage.

That was last year.  I haven't heard one good thing about the locker room this year.   Maybe letting Josh walk for nothing and then not resigning the vets that got us to the SB has something to do with it?  Things can change very quickly especially when you're losing 

2 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

That was last year.  I haven't heard one good thing about the locker room this year.   Maybe letting Josh walk for nothing and then not resigning the vets that got us to the SB has something to do with it?  Things can change very quickly especially when you're losing 

What vets were those you are referring to?

I think there is some truth in what he says about our ability to snap back when we're down.  Last week was amazing but usually when you see the "Cam face" - you can just feel the energy of the entire team go away and it feels like we do just sort of give up.  What's just as bad is that when we're on top we love to take our foot off the gas and let teams sneak back in.

I think Pittsburgh is the opposite.  They NEVER give up and Ben usually is able to turn things around.

With that said I still hate the Stillers!  :)

One thing I am tired of hearing is how the Panthera had this big roster overhaul and didn't bring people back. Who did they not bring back other than Josh? Last time I checked all 6 captains were back. Every single starter is back except Norman and Harper, who no one wanted back any way.

So Gettleman completely destroyed this roster and ruined the locker room due to the departures of:

Roman Harper

Cortland Finnegan

Dwan Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Brad Nortman

Peanut Tillman (retired)

Jared Allen (retired)

I mean come on now. If the vets and locker room can't handle that, then we need to make significant changes to the core and leadership group immediately. 

The problems this year were created by management. This is almost like a broken record though. Everybody on the team is frustrated for one reason or another. It's hard to rally troops when you're getting your head blown off. The team should be rallying around each other. I don't think it's ever a one man job. If you see your QB down, you rally around him. But it is true, when we are down, we're down and can't find a way to snap back. That's easy to sink into that when your coach has no urgency. Everything is woe is me. 

2 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Well I'm glad they feel they can turn it around, but they've gotta start making something shake here soon. 

As for Captain, I really don't see anything he said in this piece as a shot. 

“When we took the lead … I know those guys. I knew it was over,” Munnerlyn said. “I’ve been in that locker room before so I knew. Those guys really don’t play well when they are down.”

not sure how that is not a shot at the character of the locker room.

To be honest tho, he's right...when we are down in second half, we don't have the urgency or the right game plan to come back. We are built to get up by turnovers, then force opponent to pass only situations for rest of game, allowing us to play the relaxed D we always have and let them fug themselves. 

Not that we are a bad team or have shitty players, but it's poor coaching and a poor game plan. Ron has always been soft and lacked that killer instinct that other teams have.

6 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

thanks for giving me reason to root against the vikes

I had liked the Vikes but now with all my family being fans of theirs and being unbearable and all the ridiculous hype that team is getting I'm starting to hate them. And I used to like Captain but he's a PoS. I hope they go winless from here on out.

Archived