• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byrdman4real

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/07/with-bene-benwikere-cut-former-panthers-cb-josh-norman-being-proven-right/

The Carolina Panthers have not had the start to the 2016 season they would have hoped for. However, things haven’t really been that bad, despite many pointing to the departure of All-Pro cornerback Josh Norman as the big breaking point from 2015’s 15-1 Panthers squad.

After the Week 4 loss to the Atlanta Falcons in which wide receiver Julio Jones tore up the secondary for 300 yards and a touchdown, while quarterback Matt Ryan eclipsed the 500-yard mark, Norman delivered a stinging point. However, it might just be Friday after the game that proves Norman right more than anything else.

What I hate is that Norman was trash when he played in games early on in his career. This coaching staff made him into a star and then Dave comes along and let's him walk, while he scrambles to replace him. Tillman wanted to come back and instead of resigning him to a one year deal, we let him retire. Harper wasn't great but was good in run support and we let him walk. Why couldn't we just keep the band together. The band that Dave claimed was the best secondary we've had since he arrived. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

What I hate is that Norman was trash when he played in games early on in his career. This coaching staff made him into a star and then Dave comes along and let's him walk, while he scrambles to replace him. Tillman wanted to come back and instead of resigning him to a one year deal, we let him retire. Harper wasn't great but was good in run support and we let him walk. Why couldn't we just keep the band together. The band that Dave claimed was the best secondary we've had since he arrived. 

It's not like Peanut would be out until December. That's just crazy talk

1 minute ago, Major wRecktum said:

You said "sign him to a one year deal"... to come back at the end of the season???

That IS crazy talk.   Unless you're saying sign him for 2017???  That's....That's....smh...

very clearly what he said, high five bro

The reality is our budget offensive line isn't over performing, our budget secondary isn't being masked by our budget defensive line, our budget RB depth is hurting us in pass protection because we somehow didn't foresee Stew getting hurt.   These add up to Cam has no time and we can't pressure or cover.  Add in caveats like negative turnover differential, and special teams losing the Denver game and arguably the Minnesota game and it's just been too much to overcome to this point.

I still have faith in this coaching staff though.  I believe we've coached good players into great players and maximized the skill set of many who have suited up for Carolina.  I think that's why we've seen late season surges under the Rivera regime.  We have to get creative with protection, we have to get creative with pressure and coverage.  We're simply not beating teams by having superior talent in those areas this year.  Rivera and his staff know this and I expect them to get better managing this group of players as the season goes along.  Hopefully there are enough games to get it back on track.

22 minutes ago, Major wRecktum said:

You said "sign him to a one year deal"... to come back at the end of the season???

That IS crazy talk.   Unless you're saying sign him for 2017???  That's....That's....smh...

Just in time for the playoffs absolutely

not like that 19 million in cap space is going to stop anybody this season

Archived