• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you promote to OC?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

There is no way to know that. He's never called plays in his life.

Hey now buddy. If you are not going to over-react...

I would bring Dorsey in for an interview. Find out what he would do. Maybe he has a plan. There are people that plan for that next step up. Maybe he has been putting a plan together? If he has, let's hear him out.

Then again. Maybe he has been concentrating on getting Cam better, and has never put any real thought into putting a game plan together. If so, he would not be ready for the promotion.

That said. Let's not panic. As a whole, the Offense has done well. The OC can't stop us from shooting ourselves in the foot.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looking at the coaching roster the only two choices would be Dorsey or Hoener.

Dorsey seems like a bright guy, taught at IMG academy. I'm sure he has a handle on the playbook and as a former nfl QB understands defenses.

Hoener is the current tight ends coach. Has college OC experience from back in the day.

I would probably lean towards Dorsey.

I don't think Proehl would be considered. Hard to go from WR to OC. Hasn't been focused on so much of the game.

This all said, none are really good options. As much as I have always wanted Shula to be replaced, there is no one on the staff currently that would help.

Greg Roman

The thing that pisses me off about Shula is that he has created a playbook and offense that is tailor made for Cam to run. It really is an impressive offense on paper, there's tons of motion, pulls, sweeps, misdirection, PA, read options, read option passes, etc. It's complicated and has so much potential.

But my GOD does he have no idea how to use it. He seems to have no "feel" for the flow of the games we're in. It's almost like he has plays scripted and if things aren't going well, he won't dig into the archive and find a play that would work. It's why the offense looks so much better when Cam is running it and making play calls on the field in the no huddle. He is in control, he has a feel for what is going on and what he sees, so he knows what to call in those situations. Shula just doesn't seem to have that. 

Give Shula's playbook to someone else and let them make the calls. Just don't let Shula do it. 

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In midseason, that would be an extremely difficult thing to do.   They would have to learn our playbook and system, because creating a new one in midseason would be nearly impossible.  

True you would have to promote someone for the rest of this season. Which is why I would have done the firing immediately. Give the new OC time this week and the bye to adjust and see what they can do.

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In midseason, that would be an extremely difficult thing to do.   They would have to learn our playbook and system, because creating a new one in midseason would be nearly impossible.  

Greg Roman used offense smiliar to Shula , I would take him  because he knows how to use traditional run game a lot better. 

Archived