• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What kind of a record would make Richardson pull the trigger?

unicar15

tread carefully.

We mostly all agree JR is a great owner, but what he does here in the next year or two could really sway some opinions.

As an owner poo rolls down hill, as a fan it rolls up it. We first bitch at the player, then the coach, then the GM, .........see what I mean?

Oh, I don't know... 0-16?

Why would the team owner want to ditch the winningest coach in team history? A coach that never posted a record lower than 7-9? One who took the team to the Super Bowl? Or got them to the playoffs three times in six years?

When he has not won a playoff game since 2005, the fans boo the home team off the field like you have seen recently, and when you see thousands of empty seats at the stadium by seasons end. Empty seats mean no revenues, no concessions, and most of all....a product on the field that is so bad - people already paid to see it but didn't care enough to show up.

Did you see Mr Richardson sitting in his box week one, schmoozing Paul Tagliabue? What do think he was thinking as that disaster unfolded on the field? I felt bad for the guy. Imagine having a respectable friend, the man that helped bring your NFL franchise to your city and you're gonna show him a good time by inviting him over to see YOUR TEAM play a game. Then the Eagles come out and kick our ass, the team embarrassed themselves and Mr Richardson, and the QB you just gave $20 million get booed relentlessly off the property and pulled from the game. It doesn't sound like such a pleasant afternoon now does it? I don't think the Big Cat is going to accept that performance while there are so many other distinguished coaches with a pedigree sitting out there.

I don't think he goes anywhere... i think he's too good of a coach to let go.

That reason is just not good enough anymore. It is starting to show that he is burned out and a change for him and the Panthers might need to happen.

I think the Dallas game is a season saving game, so I guess we will find out in 4 days.

Oh, I don't know... 0-16?

Why would the team owner want to ditch the winningest coach in team history? A coach that never posted a record lower than 7-9? One who took the team to the Super Bowl? Or got them to the playoffs three times in six years?

Maybe he would fire him if enough weenies on fan forums gnashed their teeth and typed all in caps? Get real.

Look at it from the business side. Fox brought the team respectability and he did it quick. His record and coaching brought us spots as the featured national game (MNF, SNF, TNF), rather than being the also rans way back in the national coverage.

That respect has put butts in the seats at the stadium, has driven better TV ratings, sold tons of merchandise, extended the season three times (thereby GREATLY increasing team revenues from all sources) and he has been a steady, solid performer that hasn't had any incidents (like punching out an assistant coach, flipping out at a news conference (Playoffs?!!?! Playoffs??!!?? They are who we thought they are!).

He also hasn't courted TOs, Favre's or Plaxicos out of desperation, hasn't had team alcohol problems like the Bengals or Vikings, hasn't had tampering charges leveled against him, courted a college coaching HC job, or just simply given up on the team during a rough spot.

Pull the trigger because he got out coached for the season opener and then lost a nail biter against a strong division rival in their house? After coming off a 12-4 season that ended in a butt whooping from a Super Bowl team on the rise?

Yeah, right. Fox is really about to get fired. Really. Pink slip already warm and in the printer. Stack of empty copier paper boxes right beside his desk. Yep, on his way out. Security is on alert and the doorman is WD-40ing the hinges.

Ain't gonna happen forum dweebs unless they find Foxy with a dead hooker or a live boy, to quote the old political axiom.

You've got middle management written all over you

:lol: at "team history". We haven't been around long enough to have a "history of coaches". And winning coaches get fired all the time. Nothing matters unless you win the big one.

Look at it from the business side. Fox brought the team respectability and he did it quick. His record and coaching brought us spots as the featured national game (MNF, SNF, TNF), rather than being the also rans way back in the national coverage.

That respect has put butts in the seats at the stadium, has driven better TV ratings, sold tons of merchandise...

FOX brought the team respectability? I thought the players did that. But you hit the head on the nail with the rest of that. The BIGGEST reason JR will pull the plug on Fox is if he looks out from his skybox and sees empty seats week in and week out. Money runs the world. Winning comes second.

I agree with you khyber, but sometimes change is a good thing, even if there is nothing wrong.

Do you not just get the sense that the franchise is getting a little stale? We have not seen anything truely ground breaking on either side of the football field for several years, we are fundamentally a slightly worse defensive team than what took us to the superbowl.

I think it is more the recent decisions he has had to make that frustrate the fans. He had the opportunity to bring in a young up and coming DC, who could breathe a breath of fresh air into our defense, but he didn't. He could of used the last two off-seasons to try and find Delhomme's replacement, but he didn't. He could of used the Peppers fiasco to generate some draft picks or at worst let him go for some much needed infusion of hungry players, but he didn't.

It just seems that every single one of his decisions recently, has indicated that he is pretty happy with every aspect of the team and is setting us up for the next several years of the same thing. I know the vast majority of the fans are getting frustrated with seeing the same type of things on the field. I can only assume that much of the defense would love to have the creativity of other teams as well.

Is he a good coach? You better believe it, but I feel he is a coach that is perfect for laying the foundations. Not the one who is going to take us to the next level. If he were, it would have happened already.

I agree with everything ur saying and have felt this way for a long time. Im just not a fan of this brand of football. Look at Tom Coughlin, he had the Jags rollin but ran out of gas, couldnt get a superbowl... damn good coach and ultimately won a super bowl. I think its kinda that way with Fox... good coach but its time to move on....

Archived