• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions on firings if we lose this game?

Crazydounut

Gettleman eliminated the stigma of the Panthers being a Mom and Pop run organization.

His tenure has been the most successful in franchise history.

Rivera and his staff will be long gone before Gettleman's head ends up on the chopping block.

Regardless, no one of any importance is taking the fall until the off season.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the opposite. Gentleman is feeling a ton of heat right now from the media. Most are putting this season's failures directly at his feet. If the season tanking continues he's going to need to deflect some of that blame and scapegoat some coaches.

He wouldn't do that...

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the opposite. Gentleman is feeling a ton of heat right now from the media. Most are putting this season's failures directly at his feet. If the season tanking continues he's going to need to deflect some of that blame and scapegoat some coaches.

If anything JR should fire him, coaches doing all they can with resources available  and injuries.

Nobody will be fired.

2 hours ago, Crazydounut said:

Personally I think that no one will get the boot if we lose. I do want to see Shula gone though

Through 6 games last year our offense scored 672 points, this year it has scored 671 so Shula isn't anywhere close to being responsible for our 1-5 record and won't be fired anytime soon.

Based on our performance so far, you could make an argument for firing Wilks or McDermott but that won't happen either. The problem is personnel, not coaching.

Relax and quit marching people to the gallows. This same coaching staff and GM led us to the Superb Owl last year. Lots of reasons why this season has stunk so far, plenty of blame to go around for everyone (except the new punter), and a lot can be attributed to injuries and age catching up to some players after a looooong season last year.

Now next season, you can bet the rope will be pretty short.

Archived