• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1 Takeaway From Sunday's Loss to Chiefs

Saca312

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

The play worked. . .  KB just was lazy with the ball. 

It was a pointless play.  Benjamin had no chance of going out of bounds.  We had no timeouts.  We were FAR from field goal range.  There were like 20 seconds left.

It was a horrible play-call with an even worse result.

Just now, Mage said:

It was a pointless play.  Benjamin had no chance of going out of bounds.  We had no timeouts.  We were FAR from field goal range.  There were like 20 seconds left.

It was a horrible play-call with an even worse result.

It was setting up a deep ball.  No matter how you call it, it wasn't the play but the player that killed it. 

Just now, Snake said:

It was setting up a deep ball.  No matter how you call it, it wasn't the play but the player that killed it. 

Even if it was to set up a deep ball, it was still a terrible play-call.  No team calls a play that isn't likely to go out of bounds in that situation.  We would have been at the 35 yard line so we still would have needed to get more yards, not to mention we would have had to spike the ball.  So even if you risk it, you call a play that takes the receiver out of bounds.  Not one that puts him in the middle of the field.  It's Basic Clock Management 101.

Right, the coaching staff threw a pick 6 and fumbled the ball w/20 seconds left.

So you're telling me when you're frustrated feeling pressure you don't try to over compensate and make up for things so you're telling me not scoring a single point in the second half was wholly on the players so you're telling me that if we had a competent coaching staff we would've been in that position to be able to say it was on cam for throwing the pick 6 and Benjamin for fumbling that we lost the game look at the big picture the players execute a game plan they don't make it up they do what they are told and when poo goes awry because of trying to walk a thin tight rope it's instantly on them when they make a mistake come on guy you'd be a horrible coach lol

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

To the point about being unable to hold a lead, that speaks to our issue's with coaching. We have been dealing with this problem for multiple seasons now. That is inexcusable! Lack of adjustments and inability to coach our players and correct the issue. Our players should be improving. Who can say that we are correcting our weaknesses? Crickets chirping...........

Sent from my XT1575 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The play worked. . .  KB just was lazy with the ball. 

This. I don't know why people are harping on Cam or Shula. I do not like Shula at all, but the play worked. Cam's pass went to who it should've and the goal at that point was OT. Kelvin was lazy and had the ball stripped. However, I'm assuming it's Cam's fault that Peters just snatched the ball out of his hands. 

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Honestly we looked good until we imploded in the 4th quarter, like we always do.

10-6 at this point may win the division in all honesty.

We scored zero points in the 2nd half.

We made one great drive using the no-huddle, then Ron and Mike decide they're close enough and stop no-huddling with the result being run-for-no-gain, sack, sack.

Man. We had a chance to go to OT against a team that hadn't scored a single offensive TD for four quarters. Can't say I agree with the play call to pass up the middle of the field, but it would have worked had the football gods not decided to implement their sense of humor on us.

I really liked our chances in OT against that offense...

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

1. Panthers cannot hold a lead

Was a stupid playcall to try and go for something with 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter against a Chiefs defense that takes advantage of turnovers. Turnovers killed us this game, which we should've won. Beyond shocked and disappointed.

It's still possible to make a playoff run, it's just we have to actually win the South now. Cannot falter or make a mistake. Falcons lost like I expected. There's hope, but if we do not hold big leads, stuff like this will happen.

Sorry, it ain't gonna happen!!

Teams dead! No motivation!

Archived