• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Actual answers on Oher.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

Neuropsychologist here.   I work in Stroke and TBI recovery and rehabilitation.  A big red flag is his continued experience with visuomotor abilities.   Makes me think he experienced some unnoticed micro-hemorrhaging.   This does not tend to persist with simple contusions.

I never hate to be the bearer of bad news,  but if this hasn't dissipated within 3 months,  it may be permanent. 

Doc...as it seems like he at least played some and practiced after the actual concussion, what implications does that have?

12 hours ago, Mvp2014 said:

We have had one good tackle in the last 15 years.  ONE

Franchise tackles don't grow on trees. 

Funny thing is, for most of Gross' career, the fans didn't appreciate him. up until his last two years, fans kept saying he wasn't any good at LT, was just a good RT. 

Fact is, Gross is the best LT in franchise history. 

Fans don't know how to evaluate the tackles position. so when it's discussed, one literally has to ignore the bs that is spewed. 

The gripe I constantly see is that the Panthers have ignored the position. couldn't be further from the truth. 

Top LTs don't fall in the drafts. they also don't become available in free agency without overspending.  

We got lucky Oher was available after a bad season with the Titans. most fans didn't even want him. he has been the answer. this year has been quite unfortunate, yet fans still lay blame where it doesn't belong. 

Do you, or anybody else, truly believe that Gettleman ignores any position? 

We haven't been in position in any draft for the last 4 + years to even draft a decent tackle. 

Unfortunately, we're back in the position that we have to find another LT. It won't be easy, and fans will give the team no slack, cause they expect the team to  mortgage our future to aquire talent. 

Man, that is scary!  While it's easy for us to say "get out before you scramble your brain," for many professional athletes, they don't have a meaning outside of sports.  I don't think Oher would be in that position, but if it's this serious, he should retire.  Sucks for us, but it's his life he has to live after he hangs up his cleats.  Does he want to do it, or will someone else for him?

30 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Franchise tackles don't grow on trees. 

Funny thing is, for most of Gross' career, the fans didn't appreciate him. up until his last two years, fans kept saying he wasn't any good at LT, was just a good RT. 

Fact is, Gross is the best LT in franchise history. 

Fans don't know hiw to evaluate the tackles position. so when it's discussed, one literally has to ignore the bs that is spewed. 

The gripe I constantly see is that the Panthers have ignored the position. couldn't be further from the truth. 

Top LTs don't fall in the drafts. they also don't become available in free agency without overspending.  

We got lucky Oher was available after a bad season with the Titans. most fans didn't even want him. he has been the answer. this year has been quite unfortunate, yet fans still lay blame where it doesn't belong. 

Do you, or anybody else, truly believe that Gettleman ignores any position? 

We haven't been in position in any draft for the last 4 + years to even draft a decent tackle. 

Unfortunately, we're back in the position that we have to find another LT. It won't be easy, and fans will give the team no slack, cause they expect the team to  mortgage our future to aquire talent. 

well, I never like it when people say we couldn't land X in a draft.  

I mean teams make moves all the time for need and players.  We have made moves to grab guys like Devin Funchess which Dave just had to have.  Just because you look back at drafts say an OT wasn't slotted at random spot 46 doesn't mean you couldn't get a position you wanted. 

There have been OTs in the draft the last 4 years.

Even if he does recover I think he needs to walk away. He has enough money to retire and start a new career, or be a stay at home dad. This isn't even close to worth risking your long term quality of life and longevity. We'll rebuild the tackle position in the draft, or buy a new one. God knows we have the money with Gettleman the money hoarder.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not sure about that. Williams looks good and is still improving

Williams is a quality backup but I'm not really impressed. His run blocking is sound when he is in the right position but pass blocking needs to improve greatly. At some point we are going to have to figure our if we are a passing team setting up the run or vice versa and install players that fit that. 

Archived