• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KB sideline incident

SpeedOFLight

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Kudos for actually having a legitimate gripe,my thing is I rather bring In some talent first then fire Shula, once the talent on the offense is increased and the same results are produce can we search for a new oc, but the biggest issue unfortunately is Ron conservative play style, he's handcuffing not only our players but our coordinators, and that's on both defense and offense....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I can get with this. I think when I read that he actually asked for more talent and got shot down, I gave him leadway. But in general, I think it's time for him and the offense to grow. Shula refuses to make adjustments sometimes almost like he's trying to prove a point. It's frustrating to know what we have on offense and it's not used properly. I agree x100000 on Ron being the overall problem. I never thought about that until yesterday. 

5 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

I heard he was pulled from the game for lining up wrong.   He was not happy about it. 

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

On the radio they said we blew that last time out because he didnt know where to line up.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

They pulled him out of concern for the shoulder injury. He wanted to be out there.  Simple and plain.

Don't know of course which is right.  he makes some brilliant catches...he also makes some mistakes that cost the team.

Also glad to see the fire (now just a bit more discipline).  Hope moving forward this fire thing catches on to a few more players.  Be like Luke.

6 hours ago, blackcat said:

Per Rapppaport:  "Kelvin Benjamin was furious on the sideline during yesterday's match up with the Raiders.  He was overheard yelling 'i said extra onions', confirming the tantrum was over an incorrect chilli dog order."

Sorry, no link yet.

He's lucky it was an incorrect order, I got Chinese food and found a 6 inch long hair in it

I can get with this. I think when I read that he actually asked for more talent and got shot down, I gave him leadway. But in general, I think it's time for him and the offense to grow. Shula refuses to make adjustments sometimes almost like he's trying to prove a point. It's frustrating to know what we have on offense and it's not used properly. I agree x100000 on Ron being the overall problem. I never thought about that until yesterday. 

Yeah we're seeing eye to eye basically on everything here, I just feel a little differently about the adjustments, with who we have on the roster I don't see much changes that can be made to help out,I've think we've hit the ceiling with the current roster we have. Although I'd like to see rollouts and more motions to get our guys open.

Bottom line I'm not against finding a upgrade at oc but at least try and get some upgrades on offense before we make that type of move

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah we're seeing eye to basically on everything here, I just feel a little differently about the adjustments, with who we have on the roster I don't see much changes that can be made to help out,I've think we've hit the ceiling with the current roster we have. Although I'd like to see rollouts and more motions to get our guys open.

Bottom line I'm not against finding a upgrade at oc but at least try and get some upgrades on offense before we make that type of move

About those adjustments, I agree. But I think too, the plays need to be simple. With what we have, we can't afford To have long developing plays. I would hope Shula would've recognized that. 

Like I said, I give Shula credit for recognizing that we needed more talent. And I'm not opposed to giving it another year with better talent, I'm just not hopeful. Actually, I'm not hopeful of anything with this organization lately. 

About those adjustments, I agree. But I think too, the plays need to be simple. With what we have, we can't afford To have long developing plays. I would hope Shula would've recognized that. 

Like I said, I give Shula credit for recognizing that we needed more talent. And I'm not opposed to giving it another year with better talent, I'm just not hopeful. Actually, I'm not hopeful of anything with this organization lately. 

Same it's been looking quite gloomy lately, the long developing plays I think is a myth, I just don't think we have a receiver who can get in and out of there cuts fast enough to get open, which forces cam to hold the ball, along with keeping a rb or te to help block also kills a check down option, the up the gut runs with Tolbert and fozzy and Dickson getting crucial snaps does baffle me though

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Don't know of course which is right.  he makes some brilliant catches...he also makes some mistakes that cost the team.

Also glad to see the fire (now just a bit more discipline).  Hope moving forward this fire thing catches on to a few more players.  Be like Luke.

http://blackandbluereview.com/kelvin-benjamin-strange-sunday/

“They wanted to get him out right there and make sure he’s all right, and he wanted to keep trying to push himself through it,” coach Ron Rivera said.

Same it's been looking quite gloomy lately, the long developing plays I think is a myth, I just don't think we have a receiver who can get in and out of there cuts fast enough to get open, which forces cam to hold the ball, along with keeping a rb or te to help block also kills a check down option, the up the gut runs with Tolbert and fozzy and Dickson getting crucial snaps does baffle me though

My biggest problem with Shula is that he is predictable. If one possession they throw 3 times in a row without success you will then see run,run,pass.

At the end of the 2nd Oakland knew we weren't going to risk a deep pass and were on the lookout for the screen.

When was the last time you have seen a bootleg pass that Cam was so good at?

On most big times of the game we will be running some type of out route, a deep-in, or 4 digs. Look how Oakland guarded Olsen and KB on that last play. They knew that they were going to run outs.

oh and we have faked end of rounds every game for the past 4 games. I guess we are just setting up our final opponents and trick them to get to 7-9 and out of good draft position

Sent from my SM-N910T using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Well, what I am certainly not sure of is the perfect half. Did we score in the second half due to Shula or Cam dropping two nice dimes on a bottom 10 defense? Oakland gives up 25 per game, so us getting 32 isn't revolutionary. Ted Ginn just getting open due to his speed and running away from defenders is more his pure speed and Cam's arm than a creative play. A creative play is Willie Snead throwing a 50 yard bomb to Tim Hightower. The Saints by the way put up 49 on the Rams. We got 13.

I just never see anything that screams wow, we really use Cam effectively versus, wow, did Cam just make that play or why the fug would we run that play again or why the fug would be pass in that situation or why the fug would we run in that situation.

Same thing on D. Our philosophy seems to be keep them in front of us until they make a mistake. Some of the miraculous interceptions and plays by our D seem to revolve more around pure talent and play making ability instead of Wade Philips like where we scheme a way to defeat a team based on their weaknesses.

Thank you for intelligent responses. I don't agree have to agree with every word you say but I respect it. It's a refreshing given the expected "fire Shula" shallow responses to situations that aren't even about Shula.

Archived