• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Better Prospect: Fournette vs. Elliott?

Wundrbread33

13 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

You just dont pass on the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. 

To be fair, that's what people said about Trent Richardson.

Fournette runs behind arguably the best o-line in college football. Luckily, our o-line is top tier for the run game when healthy, so don't expect a drop off for him.

He'd flourish in our offense honestly. We need that.

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

To be fair, that's what people said about Trent Richardson.

Fournette runs behind arguably the best o-line in college football. Luckily, our o-line is top tier for the run game when healthy, so don't expect a drop off for him.

He'd flourish in our offense honestly. We need that.

Stewart averaged a very weak 3.8 YPC this year.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Serious question: How are Fournette's hands? Can he catch the ball out of the backfield? 

That's the knock on him, but only because he didn't do it much so it's an unknown.  Elliott was probably close as a prospect because of his pass catching in college and no injury history (I wouldn't be surprised if some people had Elliott rated higher either).  Imo, Fournette is definitely the better prospect once you think about upside.

You just dont pass on the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. I dont see how you could pass up the opportunity to have a player who can transform your offense even further. 

Fournette was and is a better prospect than Elliott. However, at the moment, Elliot is a top 3 RB in the NFL right now. 

Hard to give a prospect an advantage over a proven commodity.

I was going for a comparison of them strictly as prospects coming out of college, but I do realize it is hard to separate Elliott's NFL success from the topic.

Why specifically is Fournette the better prospect to you? Speed? Size in relation to that speed?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Zeke was the best running back prospect I have seen come out since LT.....yes, IMO even better than AP.....but that's to me.  I prefer a back that can line up all over and catch passes as well as pass block.

I haven't watched enough of Fournette yet, but I will over the next couple of months, and if what "they" are saying is true, he may be one of the top 5 players in this draft, possibly top 3.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Zeke was the best running back prospect I have seen come out since LT.....yes, IMO even better than AP.....but that's to me.  I prefer a back that can line up all over and catch passes as well as pass block.

I haven't watched enough of Fournette yet, but I will over the next couple of months, and if what "they" are saying is true, he may be one of the top 5 players in this draft, possibly top 3.

There's no doubt about that.  But, fortunately, the Titans and Chargers FOR SURE won't be taking a RB high.  There's cause for concern with the others but more hope than not that the needs at other positions will rue the day and he'll be there at 8.

Archived