• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest Graded Rookie CBs Of The 2016 Season: Guess Who's Number 1?

Saca312

If I wasn't an FSU fan, I wouldn't know who Jalen Ramsey is. I have no idea who the other two are. That should say something. PFF is just numbers and rankings which people love to look at and argue about. I'm not okay going into next season without a veteran corner on the opposite side of him. The score could also indicate they went to Worley's side more. Who knows. It's a number and Bradberry's first, good for him. If we had Bradberry AND Norman, who knows if we'd might be playing New England on Sunday rather than our poo rivals.

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

If I wasn't an FSU fan, I wouldn't know who Jalen Ramsey is. I have no idea who the other two are. That should say something. PFF is just numbers and rankings which people love to look at and argue about. I'm not okay going into next season without a veteran corner on the opposite side of him. The score could also indicate they went to Worley's side more. Who knows. It's a number and Bradberry's first, good for him. If we had Bradberry AND Norman, who knows if we'd might be playing New England on Sunday rather than our poo rivals.

Nah, Gano still would have missed all the kicks we needed. 

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Basically.

24 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

A lot of folks felt that way about Norman too.  And then four seasons went buy and he played himself into $50 million guaranteed. 

Some of it is the scheme, with young DB's keep the play in front, and rally up for a tackle, a guy that inexperienced can't be expected to play up in a proven NFL receivers face all game. 

Ideally a rookie third rounder would be behind a vet, and have spot duty, unfortunately he was thrown to the wolves, and IMO down the stretch he played like a number two DB, and he still has room to grow. 

He looked average to me.  I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but we shall see.  

I'm thrilled that both our rookie DBs grew a lot towards the end of the season.  Ratings are cool, because they can be used to qualify gut feelings.  But as other have alluded to, they don't tell the entire story.

But looking at Julio Jones, early season, 300 yard game.  Later, we did a much better job against him.  How much of that was due to the improvement only in the DBs, the pass rush, or was it just that the game flowed away from him because Atlanta still won.

Either way, I don't see CB as much of a weakness as some other areas of our defense.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Ramsey was the first corner taken at 8th overall.

That should say a lot.

8 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

People act like norman was healing the blind and walking on water ever since he came into the league. He was amazing for his last season and a half with us no doubt, but we have Bradberry for the next few years at a fraction of the cost..  Yeah, I'm good with that

Many get upset about the situation because of Norman being such a fan favorite. He played with passion, gave interviews with passion, always had amazing quotes, major trash talker, was on the podcast a couple times and showed up to the Huddle draft party. I think he's a really cool guy and I like him a lot and would love for him to still be here but while some can't look past that, I and people like you can and realize that rescinding the tag and re-building the CB group was a great move and necessary one as well. It's very similar to the Smitty situation. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, but if you considered realistic expectations, he was never supposed to be as good as Bradberry is, particularly this soon. Even @Jeremy Igo basically told us during the summer that Bradberry was farther along, as well he should have been considering that he was drafted higher. 

Is it fair to clown him for being thrust into a situation that he obviously wasn't prepared for? Are you suggesting that his development as a pro CB this past season had (or has) no merit (except as the butt of jokes)? Put it on record!

Worley(turns 22 this month) is also younger than Bradberry(24 in august) so if Worley keeps developing and making strides. We SHOULD have two legit young corners.

WOW, I never thought I would be able to say that last statement lol

Something interesting:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-round-by-round-ranking-of-2016s-best-nfl-cb-prospects/

Pre-draft PFF looked at all the corner prospects by round and even UDFA. None of the three we drafted were on it...

Could we have gotten Bradberry later? It's very likely. But I'm glad as hell we got him there because he is definitely worth way more than that pick already. Just like Mayo. Could we have gotten him as a UDFA? Probably. But looking at his ST play this past year and his filling in for Luke at the end, I'm glad as hell we got him where we did because he's well worth it. DG and this staff right now is just f*cking amazing at finding diamonds in the rough in the draft. Does he have flaws? Yeah. But even people like @nctarheel0619 have to admit that we are one of the best drafting teams since he's arrived and very possibly THE best. Butler and Shaq are going to prove it as well when their roles are increased significantly in the near future.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Something interesting:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-round-by-round-ranking-of-2016s-best-nfl-cb-prospects/

Pre-draft PFF looked at all the corner prospects by round and even UDFA. None of the three we drafted were on it...

Could we have gotten Bradberry later? It's very likely. But I'm glad as hell we got him there because he is definitely worth way more than that pick already. Just like Mayo. Could we have gotten him as a UDFA? Probably. But looking at his ST play this past year and his filling in for Luke at the end, I'm glad as hell we got him where we did because he's well worth it. DG and this staff right now is just f*cking amazing at finding diamonds in the rough in the draft. Does he have flaws? Yeah. But even people like @nctarheel0619 have to admit that we are one of the best drafting teams since he's arrived and very possibly THE best. Butler and Shaq are going to prove it as well when their roles are increased significantly in the near future.

Bradberry, Worley, and Sanchez weren't even ranked in the Top 30?  Good Lord.  

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

Doesn't matter if Ramsey "played better," Bradberry did a helluva job, especially considering the situation. If not for the turf toe, he may have done even more.

Yep. The drop off from 5 to 62 in the draft is like the drop off from Peyton Manning to Alex Smith. Ramsey was expected to be that much better. The fact that it's even close (and not because Ramsey was bad) is pretty outstanding.

31 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Worley(turns 22 this month) is also younger than Bradberry(24 in august) so if Worley keeps developing and making strides. We SHOULD have two legit young corners.

WOW, I never thought I would be able to say that last statement lol

Yeah, thanks for pointing out that Worley is so young. 

Gettleman's theory was to wipe the slate clean and have quality corners that fit our system, and so far he's looking pretty good...but for sacrificing 2016... ;)

Archived