• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DG going to get cute in the draft?

I think it is more likely that we use a 4th or 5th to move up in the second with one of the 2 picks we have there.

If a great player that we have graded as a first rounder drops out of the round and is sitting there at pick 50 or so, then we might move from the bottom of round 2 up to 50 to get him

I find this more tangible than using both 2nds to get back into the first, at least at the moment

Said this in another post earlier today;

I don't like how Gettleman has made a new normal of trading up to grab a player. The cost is to high, especially in such a deep draft class as this one. We traded up for Williams, Benwikere and Funchess, and so far these trades has not been very successful. We also traded for Worley who showed some promise last season, but too early to tell. Gettleman has now orchestrated four drafts for...

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll have to see what happens. There's always some unexpected things that happen every draft. Maybe a Corey Davis or Derek Barnett or O.J. Howard slip into the mid-20s. Still opposed to using both of those 2nds to go get one of those guys?

I wouldn't mind that as much as I would trading the 8, 2nd round, and more to move to 3.    But how about he sits back and not get all anxious this one time in a deep draft.

2 minutes ago, Norway said:

Said this in another post earlier today;

I don't like how Gettleman has made a new normal of trading up to grab a player. The cost is to high, especially in such a deep draft class as this one. We traded up for Williams, Benwikere and Funchess, and so far these trades has not been very successful. We also traded for Worley who showed some promise last season, but too early to tell. Gettleman has now orchestrated four drafts for...

Bene and Williams were 5th round picks. For 5th rounders I'd call those good picks. Not gonna find many Josh Norman's in the 5th round. We got some good play out of Bene before he shattered his leg and Williams is probably penciled in to start at RT.

The only one of those trades I have a problem with is the move to get Funchess and I didn't like it at the time either. 

1 minute ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

I wouldn't mind that as much as I would trading the 8, 2nd round, and more to move to 3.    But how about he sits back and not get all anxious this one time in a deep draft.

Moving to #3 is probably out of the question. That would almost certainly have to involve next year's 1st and that's not going to happen. I don't see us moving up from #8. It's very costly to move up at the top of the draft.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bene and Williams were 5th round picks. For 5th rounders I'd call those good picks. Not gonna find many Josh Norman's in the 5th round. We got some good play out of Bene before he shattered his leg and Williams is probably penciled in to start at RT.

The only one of those trades I have a problem with is the move to get Funchess and I didn't like it at the time either. 

We traded up to the top of the 3rd to get Williams

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I'm already satisfied with the squad we've got going into the year.

If we manage to get an impact player in the first and solid contributors after that... well hot damn.

No i disagree,, I would like to have some young talent for the future..

Archived