• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers sign Kaep?

Moorgan

I wouldn't be opposed to Kaep being brought in to back up Cam.  While he's done some douchy* things, he still has some viability as a QB.  But what incentive would we have to sign him short term, let him show something in preseason and cut him so he could do something else where?  I don't see that being particularly useful.

*Kept vague on purpose.

That scenario would be excellent. Why are people acting like it's a terrible idea? If it were a reasonable thing for Kaep to do (spoiler: it isn't), then it'd give our offense a chance to train with a similar type of player as Cam, and it could also give the defense better training for more athletic QBs, aka the opposite of Derek Anderson.

1 hour ago, jumpman910 said:

I know Kaep sucks now but what has Webb ever showed at QB?

At QB?  Not much, but that's the thing, Joe Webb isn't on the roster to be a QB.  Kaep is not better than DA and Kaep is not as good at kick off returns, punt coverage, or wide receiver.  Unless Kaep is better than DA, then it's not worth it, and even if they are equal, you still don't sign him because of the headache and circus he'll bring to your locker room.

16 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol at FlorioCo. actively trying to get Kaepernick on a team.

It's probably not as stupid a stunt as his annual crusade to get a top college player to sit out the season before the draft, but it's up there.

Florio really does come up with some dumbass ideas.

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

If you read the article (I know I ask too much) or even the blurb I quoted, it's about signing him JUST for OTAs. I'm not even advocating it. But it is a topic worth discussing.

Honestly, it's kinda ridiculous.

No team with any smarts is gonna spend money just to help a guy rehab his image so that he can go off and start somewhere else.

Florio's being an absolute dumbass here.

Archived