• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera And Brandon Beane At Stanford To See Christian McCaffrey And Solomon Thomas

bobsfoodbasics

19 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

As a running back Fournette is much better than McCaffrey. But McCaffrey is an accomplished receiver and punt/KO returner and Fournette is not. Overall value goes to McCaffrey and it isn't close. McCaffrey would start at returner and slot receiver and Fournette will be Stewart's back up all year. Not what you want with a top 10 pick.

Fournette wouldn't be a back up for long. Stew would get dinged up per usual.

Hell, it wouldn't shock me if Dave made Stew cap casualty if he drafted Fournette. Especially if we needed to free up some cash to get some guys like Norwell or Turner or maybe even Short signed long-term.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

McCaffery at 8 would defiantly be a bold move.

I was thinking, if we don't get our Hog Mollie DE, we may trade down, pick up another 2nd rounder, and pick McCaffery at 23 or so.

I don't normally advocating moving down. Especially when you get to pick at 8. But man, McCaffery can do so many things, and do them all well.

3 2nd round picks, and McCaffery would tickle my giddy no end.

Gotta find someone willing to trade with you...and in a deep draft that is hard to do

Archived