• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Ealy was not a perfect player, but his ability to get to the quarterback was undeniable." - Conor Orr

frash.exe

24 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

Yeah, but people are making him an undeserving whipping boy for not being able to have games like that consistently. He's not a Panther anymore. It's time to move forward. This isn't Everette Brown. He gave us his best game in his biggest game and that's worthy of respect. Instead, we've still got people posting about him like they just got dumped. 

ok i mean this thread is really about how bad conor orr is at evaluating a player but w/e

46 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

People are obsessed with the term participation trophies. What does that even mean in this context? Do you just blurt catchphrases you hear? Are you going to call someone a snowflake now? 

Uh what?  I didn't see that mentioned anywhere in this thread.  In this context that means he wasn't gonna hold onto his roster spot by performing at a mediocre level on the field.  Do you have any history on me to think I "just blurt out catchphrases"?  Or are just just being ridiculously sensitive?

snowflake. 

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Uh what?  I didn't see that mentioned anywhere in this thread.  In this context that means he wasn't gonna hold onto his roster spot by performing at a mediocre level on the field.  Do you have any history on me to think I "just blurt out catchphrases"?  Or are just just being ridiculously sensitive?

Nah, it's just a really weird turn of phrase to use in this situation. Maybe one you like so much you try to shoehorn it into weird places where it doesn't fit, like here for example. Next time for clarity maybe just say what you just did instead of whatever that was. You'll figure it out. 

52 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

That article was like a mid-level post here. Not sure if that says more about NFL.com or this message board.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

On the one hand, I'd like to think our mid-lever posts are good enough to be published.

On the other I'm a bit insulted that Connor Orr could be considered as a mid level poster on this board.

im so torn...

23 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

Nah, it's just a really weird turn of phrase to use in this situation. Maybe one you like so much you try to shoehorn it into weird places where it doesn't fit, like here for example. Next time for clarity maybe just say what you just did instead of whatever that was. You'll figure it out. 

It actually fits fine, and this was the first time I've used the phrase on a message board that I can think of.  Not something I say in person either. Just fit the situation (participation = participation, trophy = roster spot, not that complicated).

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Ealy is Everett Brown.

The only difference is Ealy had Star and Short to take pressure off him while Brown had nobody.

True story, I own an Everette brown jersey.  Bought it right after the draft. Last jersey I ever bought before the end of a player's first year lol. 

Archived