• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Bleed Carolina Blue

chknwing

10 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

LoL... nope, not insecure whatsoever.  I'm secure in my choice of Alma Mater.  (Bachelors and Masters) I'm secure in my fandom.  I have a good job, am happily married, and have an amazing kid.

It's just that sometimes when I see all the trash bubble up about "their heels" or "their blue devils", I just feel that it is my duty to remind 99% of them that their relationship with the university is meaningless, and hope they take a good look in the mirror and chew on that a while before going back to Wal-Mart to buy another Hanes Beefy T with either logo on it.

If you're affected this strongly and feel it's your "duty" to be so concerned with why someone likes another team then yes you are very, very insecure. And if you're not aware of that then you're also in denial. Sorry bud....but it's a fact and it's pretty pathetic to be honest. I'm sure you're a great person though and I hate to see you so upset about something so silly. I'm happy to get you some help or help you find a more noble cause to make your duty. 

PS....I graduated from UNCG and I love my Heels. 

2 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

LoL... nope, not insecure whatsoever.  I'm secure in my choice of Alma Mater.  (Bachelors and Masters) I'm secure in my fandom.  I have a good job, am happily married, and have an amazing kid.

It's just that sometimes when I see all the trash bubble up about "their heels" or "their blue devils", I just feel that it is my duty to remind 99% of them that their relationship with the university is meaningless, and hope they take a good look in the mirror and chew on that a while before going back to Wal-Mart to buy another Hanes Beefy T with either logo on it.

Dude, I'm sorry but this is such a narrow-minded and elitist way of viewing someone's fandom. Like others have said, and I will say it as well, my life took me in a different direction where attending my favorite college was not possible but I will still root for MY Tar Heels all the same as I have since I was a kid. Also, the fact that you are lumping the entire fan base as mouth-breathers who can only shop for their UNC gear at Wal-Mart is not a good look on your part and comes off as bitter and petty.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

If you're affected this strongly and feel it's your "duty" to be so concerned with why someone likes another team then yes you are very, very insecure. And if you're not aware of that then you're also in denial. Sorry bud....but it's a fact and it's pretty pathetic to be honest. I'm sure you're a great person though and I hate to see you so upset about something so silly. I'm happy to get you some help or help you find a more noble cause to make your duty. 

PS....I graduated from UNCG and I love my Heels. 

HAHA.  Well stated.  

Well darn, I wish someone had told me I couldn't be a UNC fan before I spent all the money and time supporting them..

Btw, maybe one day ecu will be good enough at sports that non alumni will actually cheer for them.

4 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Um... I was born in the United States to two American citizens.  Pretty sure that makes me an American.  

You guys are comparing pro sports to college which is apples to oranges... and now YOU are comparing college sports to the military, which is apples to space ships.  LoL.. the military is not a part of this conversation.  Move those goalposts some more, why don't you?

If you did not attend UNC, you have no meaningful, tangible connection to the university or its athletic teams.  Period.  Sucks, but again - it is what it is.

Actually, pretty much anybody who pays taxes has very tangible connections to any non-private school of their choosing.

This might be the dumbest argument in the history of the huddle. Congrats.

10 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Actually, pretty much anybody who pays taxes has very tangible connections to any non-private school of their choosing.

This might be the dumbest argument in the history of the huddle. Congrats.

Lmao you went the taxpayer route.  Do you root for highways and drainage ditches, as well?  Grasping at straws, I see.

And no, this isn't even an argument.  I've simply stated a fact, and Wal-Heels (as expected) have come out of the woodwork like they always do to defend their empty, meaningless "connections" to the university which they did not attend.  Simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Lmao you went the taxpayer route.  Do you root for highways and drainage ditches, as well?  Grasping at straws, I see.

And no, this isn't even an argument.  I've simply stated a fact, and Wal-Heels (as expected) have come out of the woodwork like they always do to defend their empty, meaningless "connections" to the university which they did not attend.  Simple as that. 

Are you a Panthers fan?  Did you play for them?  If not, how can you even consider thinking that you're a real Panthers fan?  I mean what connection do you have to them?  

1 minute ago, ECUPantherFan said:

I am generally satisfied when my taxpayer dollars are used wisely and effectively, yes. I love when highways and drainage ditches are well-maintained. Do you like pot-holes and flooding?

Do you want to present a real argument as to why taxpayer dollars are less tangible than tuition dollars? Does money only matter if exchanged in the form of tuition? What are the acceptable forms of exchange and why? What if a student doesn't pay money to attend? What if a student doesn't graduate? Why shouldn't somebody feel invested in something they are paying for? Let's see this logic play out to it's final conclusion. It's easy to just say stupid poo and never actually think about what you're saying.

I am generally satisfied when my taxpayer dollars are used wisely and effectively, yes. I love when highways and drainage ditches are well-maintained. Do you like pot-holes and flooding?

Do you want to present a real argument as to why taxpayer dollars are less tangible than tuition dollars? Does money only matter if exchanged in the form of tuition? What are the acceptable forms of exchange and why? What if a student doesn't pay money to attend? What if a student doesn't graduate? Why shouldn't somebody feel invested in something they are paying for? Let's see this logic play out to it's final conclusion. It's easy to just say stupid poo and never actually think about what you're saying.

18337267002244baeb88264c3ccd7b71.gif

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It's too bad, @ECUPantherFan, that you can't enjoy this song because you were not a member of the original recording team, record label, or rock & roll hall of fame. But I think you'll understand it's meaning still.

I just wish that fathers could enjoy sports with their kids in your world. But hey, fair is fair, no way that 9 year old went to UNC.

22 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

No, that's not true.  Buying merchandise, supporting charities and going to games does not even come close to uprooting your life for several years to live on or around a college campus, attend classes every day, stay up all night studying for exams, etc.  The amount of sacrifice and work that goes into earning your degree and building a lifelong bond with your ALMA MATER is so, so much more than any amount of merchandise purchased, charities supported,etc.

For the people who didn't attend the university or college in general, it's fine to watch college sports and be excited by the pageantry and traditions... but you just have to suck it up and accept the reality that you're NOT a part of it in any meaningful way.  That sucks, but it is what it is.

As a former ECU fan I can tell you that you are in Minority in your thinking.   I attended ECU when they actually were remotely good in Basketball and everyone was a State, UNC or Duke fan.  NO ONE WAS AN ECU fan. Football there was a slight loyalty to ECU but most were fans of other school.

My family has been UNC fans since before any of us attended college.

The video is a spoof and has no real value.

But than again Hillary won the popular vote.

1 hour ago, ECUPantherFan said:

I grew up in East Lansing, and have family that attended Michigan State. I also have a sister who is presently a Professor there. Hellz, I even spent many an hour in the rafters of the old Jenison Field House playing basketball with a multitude of MSU players through the years. But...because I personally did not actually attend MSU, I am not allowed to call them "MY TEAM"?

Sorry dude. You, and your elitist attitude, can kiss my rootin tootin rootin for MY Spartans butt. Please excuse the language. But boy howdy you gon got me all worked up I tell ya what.

13 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I grew up in East Lansing, and have family that attended Michigan State. I also have a sister who is presently a Professor there. Hellz, I even spent many an hour in the rafters of the old Jenison Field House playing basketball with a multitude of MSU players through the years. But...because I personally did not actually attend MSU, I am not allowed to call them "MY TEAM"?

Sorry dude. You, and your elitist attitude, can kiss my rootin tootin rootin for MY Spartans butt. Please excuse the language. But boy howdy you gon got me all worked up I tell ya what.

I dunno why, but I laughed out loud to this.  

Archived