• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gas On The Fire: Bill Voth Says - With Gun Pointed To Head - McCaffrey Likely Pick

Saca312

Just now, Shocker said:

I think we are going to take DE...which means Barnett.  Weak, but that will happen...even with the RBs on the board.

Barnett should not be in consideration at number 8. Panthers have shown little to no interest in him, and rightfully so.

6 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

somebody point out to me one instance where bill voth had some sort of insight because the only impression i have ever gotten from him is that he just blabbers conjecture

Jeremy's had much better insider info here and he's just a photographer. And regarding McCaffrey, he said we like him but not at 8. Which makes the most sense to me. If someone we like at 8 isn't there which is possible then we may look to trade down and pickup McCaffrey and extra picks later. And good bet we'd love him at 40, which I'd be down with. Or even possible trade up if we snag Adams or Thomas at 8.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Barnett should not be in consideration at number 8. Panthers have shown little to no interest in him, and rightfully so.

Get a clue buddy, Barnett is a fantastic player and well worth a top 15 selection. If the top couple we like are off the board Barnett would be a great pick. It has been reported by some that we aren't targeting him at 8 which is fine but that doesn't mean we have little to no interest in him. Barnett is going to be better than Hardy and without the baggage. Very similar player but with his head on straight and focused on ball. Very possible we like him so much that we've made sure nothing got out connecting us to him at all. He has DG and Rivera written all over him.

The only reason I think this could happen is because Ron has wanted that utility player since he's been here, and Dave just watched the patriots running backs help propell them to a super bowl win. 

Copycat league and all. 

McCaffrey is considerably slower than say Reggie Bush who I've heard some try to make a comparison. I think the fans who want McCaffrey just don't like our offense and want change. These fans want more passing, and less 3 yards and a cloud of dust runs. Fine, but McCaffrey is not a fuging top 8 pick.

15 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

The Panthers drafting McCaffrey would be a welcome - and much needed - step into the future.

It would be the most forward-thinking draft pick since Cam.

We've got a talented unconventional QB.  Draft McCaffrey, a speedy WR, and a legit TE2 and our offense can morph from I-form to 4 WRs pre-snap.

Pick your poison - play base and watch CMac make your linebackers look silly in pass coverage; or play nickel and watch us ram it down your throat with power.

Correct. He would instantly fill 3 roles/holes on our team. RB, slot WR and PR.

3 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

The only reason I think this could happen is because Ron has wanted that utility player since he's been here, and Dave just watched the patriots running backs help propell them to a super bowl win. 

Copycat league and all. 

Did the Pats take their utility running backs in the top 10? First round? You're crazy if you think we're taking a utility player in the top 10. A guy who can carry an offense on his back and grind out tough yards, score TDs, break long game changing runs, and pass protect like Fournette? Sure. But not a gadget player.

10 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Get a clue buddy, Barnett is a fantastic player and well worth a top 15 selection. If the top couple we like are off the board Barnett would be a great pick. It has been reported by some that we aren't targeting him at 8 which is fine but that doesn't mean we have little to no interest in him. Barnett is going to be better than Hardy and without the baggage. Very similar player but with his head on straight and focused on ball. Very possible we like him so much that we've made sure nothing got out connecting us to him at all. He has DG and Rivera written all over him.

I personally am low on Barnett right now with his ceiling. I don't feel like he'd be truly worth it or make an impact in the NFL. He may be productive, but I just feel we could have better value.

Then again, could be wrong. 

Archived