• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Setting the Record Straight on McCaffrey

XClown1986

5 hours ago, Lout said:

I feel like McCaffrey is Reggie Bush 2.0

Is that what we really want to draft at #8? 

Here's the thing. Even IF you could promise me that McCaffrey will be better than Reggie Bush, he STILL wouldn't be worth the #8 pick. And tbh, I don't even think he will match Bush's production.

4 hours ago, panther4life said:

Just want to share my thoughts after watching 5 2016 games on draft breakdown. 

1. He takes about 7 handoff's  a game out of shotgun. (I know this because I charted him over 5 games). He also does about 2 wildcat plays per game (the shittier the opponent the more he does this).

2. It's more than just a FB. I've posted visual evidence of them having only 1 WR out wide on the majority of his big runs. They run tons of packages where 8-10 people's only job on that play is to block for him and the Defenses know its coming. 

3. He does not run a ton of WR routes or routes that other RB's don't typically run. I saw a lot of wheel routes, crossing routes, screens and just hanging around the los as a dumpoff option. I think in one of highlight films or of the 5 full 2016 games, I've watched I think I did see 1 slant. 

This next part has nothing to do with your post.

I feel like I have to list as a disclaimer before someone get's mad at me for doing actual research and sharing it. 

My thoughts or opinion are no more important than others on here, so I hate that I keep stating this same stuff in other threads, but I like talking the draft, so I can't help myself. I also spend plenty of time watching full games before I speak on certain prospects vs just regurgitating scouting reports from google searches, so I like to share my research with others. Please excuse me if I come off as arrogant or like I think I'm something more than just a diehard fan.

You come off as arrogant or like you think you know something.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Good stuff though but I'm convinced by watching zero games that McCaffrey will be awesome and Fournette will bust out due to injury. No amount of facts can dissuade me from this 100% uninformed opinion and conjecture.

Unless we draft Fournette. Then he will be a HoFer.

9 minutes ago, Lords0fPain said:

Love the "he is too small" talk...is there not a statute of another player that people thought "he is too small" outside of the stadium?

Mills? Yeah. Undeniable stud.   Undrafted though.   That's what we're discussing. 

He is bigger and faster than Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton, and is a better receiver than both.  They lead the NFL in all time rushing, and we are arguing that he is too small.  His skill set makes us change the offense, and isn't that what we have all been saying that we want?  If he is the pick, then I'm happy to call him a Panther and look forward to many years of offensive highlight plays.

So you're saying that the guy who has yet to play a down in the NFL, is better than two HOF backs?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

CMC plays like Le'veon Bell and is built like Reggie Bush with combine numbers of a top 5 WR. 

Mismatches and unpredictability he would bring to the offense is what is needed. JStew is not dead, cut or retired yet. Draft a bruiser next year. 

Archived