• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Browns Release Gary Barnidge

Bartin

6 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

I doubt very much he'd like to come back here considering we did a lot to make sure he stayed buried on the depth chart. Chud believed in him and brought him with him to Cleveland when he left. Plus, he's probably looking for somewhere to start and that isn't here. He would fit a need, but I think we already burned this bridge. 

I wouldn't imagine any of this rambling is true.

10 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Why on god's green earth would they release their best TE and 1,000 yard receiver two seasons ago? Did he have a massive contract? 

Because they're the Browns. Yeah, I don't get it. They're only saving a little over $2M with this move. Next year is when they'll save a lot, almost $4.5M but yeah, seams like you hang onto his this season and then let him walk next year.

1 minute ago, Vagrant said:

What specifically? Did he not follow Chud to Cleveland? Do you not think he wants to start? Do tell. 

First of all I doubt he is butt hurt at us for not allowing him to start over Olsen, Shockey.

I also can't imagine him being an emotional wreck and holding a grudge like some over exaggerative fan would.

It's  professional sports. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because they're the Browns. Yeah, I don't get it. They're only saving a little over $2M with this move. Next year is when they'll save a lot, almost $4.5M but yeah, seams like you hang onto his this season and then let him walk next year.

Everybody is poo pooing the Browns but I'm impressed with what they're doing right now. That team is a QB away from being a serious contender.

3 minutes ago, mjligon said:

First of all I doubt he is butt hurt at us for not allowing him to start over Olsen, Shockey.

I also can't imagine him being an emotional wreck and holding a grudge like some over exaggerative fan would.

It's  professional sports. 

I didn't say he was butthurt about it. I'm just saying that it wouldn't make a lot of sense to return to a head coach that didn't play you regardless of the reason. In most other places, he probably starts a lot sooner. He probably lost a lot of money waiting for his opportunity here. When a team basically walks away from you, it's not likely you'll be interested in returning. Seems simple enough to me. 

Just now, Vagrant said:

I didn't say he was butthurt about it. I'm just saying that it wouldn't make a lot of sense to return to a head coach that didn't play you regardless of the reason. In most other places, he probably starts a lot sooner. He probably lost a lot of money waiting for his opportunity here. When a team basically walks away from you, it's not likely you'll be interested in returning. Seems simple enough to me. 

We walked away from Captain, that didn't stop him from returning.

We walked away from Ted Ginn, that didn't stop him from returning.

I see your point, but I don't think he would be against coming back. Just depends on what he wants to do at this stage of his career.

I seriously doubt that Barnidge would tell the Panthers no just because he didn't start here before. People don't last as long as he has in the NFL if they're that thin skinned. I'm pretty sure he would also tell you that he wasn't the same player then as he was at Cleveland. He was very young when he was here.

Archived