• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer Believes The Panthers Would Have Selected McCaffrey Over Fournette

3 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I agree this will come down to Cam and Kalil. But I think it is the other Kahlil that the success pivots on. I have full confidence in Ryan making the calls. To me Matt is the big question mark. Can he stay healthy and play to the level we are paying him for? If not then we are left with Moton, Williams, and Oher(if he is even around) on the outside. If Matt Kalil comes in and is a beast then it will allow us to dictate so many things. If not we will be the ones be dictated to. Let all cross our fingers on this one.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm willing to bet that Minnesota just couldn't make good use of him up there. For all the recent hype about the Vikings, that's an organization that has been in turmoil for more than a decade. And Matt's going to have four good vets working with him to bring it together.

Health... let's hope our trainers can keep him upright. We've got some of the best in the business.

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Oh yeah cause Gettleman is known for trading up in the first round ......

He wouldn't have traded for Mccafrey if he was as highly regarded either.

Reading comprehension must be an issue for you. My post said he was staying at 8. 

13 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Your post indicates you still believe we would have drafted Mccaffrey over Fournette.

Once again reading comprehension is clearly an issue for you. I said I wasn't even sure he would pick offense given his history. I said I would have picked him and think he was the best choice.  Nowhere did I suggest Gettleman would have picked him over Fournette. You seem to like to argue and create discord even where there isn't any.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Once again reading comprehension is clearly an issue for you. I said I wasn't even sure he would pick offense given his history. I said I would have picked him and think he was the best choice.  Nowhere did I suggest Gettleman would have picked him over Fournette. You seem to like to argue and create discord even where there isn't any.

This thread isn't about who you would have picked, my original post had nothing to do with who panthers55 wanted. This is with the fact we would have picked Fournette and everyone knows it.

But denial is a strong sentiment 

59 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

This thread isn't about who you would have picked, my original post had nothing to do with who panthers55 wanted. This is with the fact we would have picked Fournette and everyone knows it.

But denial is a strong sentiment 

Everybody knows it.... except for the guys with actual sources who were saying before, during, and after the draft the exact opposite. But go ahead and pull definitive poo out of your ass. Nobody can prove one way or the other, so it doesn't matter. 

We ended up with the better player so whatever. 

9 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

OK... but why does that mean that "we" must or should temper our expectations?

Do you expect that if you have high expectations and they aren't met that you couldn't deal with the failure of those expectations in a mature manner?

Do you actually mean that "you" should and not "we" should?

I'm talking about the twats on here that go ballistic after a game calling for everybody's head over stupid poo.

7 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Obviously Gettleman wasn't so in love with Fournette that he was willing to lose picks to move ahead of Jacksonville. So while he may very well have picked Fournette if everything was equal he clearly planned to stay at 8 and felt comfortable not picking Fournette. So he must not have been an overwhelming favorite.

This.

It seemed VERY clear that to get Fournette we'd need to move up.  One of the most high consensus picks by mock drafts was Fournette to JAX.  So, while we'll never know who we would have picked if Fournette and CMC were both there at 8, we  were clearly EXPECTING we'd be picking CMC, (had a reporter at his house) and were happy with it.

24 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

This.

It seemed VERY clear that to get Fournette we'd need to move up.  One of the most high consensus picks by mock drafts was Fournette to JAX.  So, while we'll never know who we would have picked if Fournette and CMC were both there at 8, we  were clearly EXPECTING we'd be picking CMC, (had a reporter at his house) and were happy with it.

That right. Panthers.com was at his house on draft night and actually had a brief interview with him right after he was drafted.

7 hours ago, C47 said:

Everybody knows it.... except for the guys with actual sources who were saying before, during, and after the draft the exact opposite. But go ahead and pull definitive poo out of your ass. Nobody can prove one way or the other, so it doesn't matter. 

We ended up with the better player so whatever. 

Yep Gettleman should go up to Mccaffrey face and say hey kid your lucky Fournette wasn't there.

Like I said teams like talking themselves into picks, but yeah keep living in fairytale land

9 hours ago, JARROD said:

Fournette would not have "evolved" our offense, just got a younger version of Stewart.

MCCAFFREY does so I believe it.

I have to agree with that.

Choosing Fournette would not have lent itself to "evolution". We'd have wound up just doing the same things we were already doing with younger guys.

With the choices that were made, there's a significantly better chance we might see some actual change.

Archived