• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddit: Request to remove David Newton

On 6/9/2017 at 1:48 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I realize that Charlotte is a relatively small media market, but damn, how have the Panthers so consistently had such terrible beat writers covering them?

I think we are the left overs after everyone else gets their pickings. Therefore we get those not good enough to go anywhere else, but here. I think JRs cock blocking of the media factors in too.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, Soul Rebel said:

It's what's going to inevitably sink ESPN.  

Fire the high priced, well-tenured guys and keep the garbage shows and sh*tty cheaper guys.

It might fit the business model if they're hemorraging money, but it's awful for the fans. 

Oh yeah, DNewton sucks big time.  Any chance we can get a 2-for-1 and ship Person out with Newton?

Isn't it sad.  Chris Berman, Tom Mees, and the other original ESPN sportscasters have to be sick to their stomach at the product they put out now.  I remember when they moved to the BIG set.   I loved ESPN when if first came out.  I remember how I thought ECU was relevant because ESPN was televising one of there games.  Don't worry ECU you're not relevant yet.  (Joking, former student too)

By george, I wouldn't call this a coincidence.

Looks like maybe the ESPN beat writer for the Panthers has possibly changed?

Every entry on the ESPN Panthers page today has been by either ESPN Staff Writer Coley Harvey or by NASCAR Writer Bob Pockrass.

(Another NASCAR transfer?  Really?)

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be just a vacation for David Newton.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/car/carolina-panthers

Archived