• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#40 Pick traded to the Hornets, Pelicans select Dwayne Bacon

nctarheel0619

Fantastic pick. Love that we are swinging for the fences. In the modern NBA you have to have long wings that can score and defend. Perfect player to take a chance on the second round. 

Now we just need a serviceable backup PG in FA and this Hornets team is set to make a decent run (i.e. out of the first round) provided we stay healthy 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• agreed. reich and fox were kind of similar in that i think their comfort zone with QBs were established vets.  any rookie QB would have been outside that. i do think that he might have been more comfortable with stroud than young, but i also still think that we would have been stuck in a bad place. there was more than went wrong than with the QB. nothing worked and QB issues were one of many symptoms of the problem that we found ourselves in with reich. the whole thing was too much for him. not only did he get a QB outside of his comfort zone, he got unfamiliar assistants that came from unfamiliar schemes. he had no prior relationship with most coaches he had added to his staff.  again, that staff was tepper's idea...get the dream staff with a billion years of experience and those who don't have a poo ton of experience were coaches that were considered up and comers for HC jobs.  reich is a mild-mannered passive likeable kind of guy. he wasn't the big dominant personality that would be needed to handle that staff.
    • I can't blame anyone in sports media for not believing we've made a big enough jump talent wise to compete. I mean let's be realistic. In the eyes of many of us here we were improved on paper under Scott Fitterer each offseason the last few years. Just because we're once again buying in doesn't mean the rest of the sports world will also. Then you go back to preseason last year and the downplaying of how horrific we looked not just offensively but as a whole. If we look competent in preseason  I will begin to feel some level of confidence about the direction of the team and so will those in the sports world. Until then nothing we've done matters.
    • Yeah we don't have a beast mode, and Bryce doesn't threaten with the play action/scramble deep shots. That's the majority of the reason that formula worked in Seattle during that stretch. I hope Brooks is a good back, but he's definitely not a beast mode type.