• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: (Confirmed) Carolina Panthers to charge admission to Fan Fest in 2017

Datawire

2 minutes ago, csx said:

What a sad little party they are having together.

I mean, I get it. An event that has always been free is now $5 to get in. So I'm not surprised that people's first reaction is to be upset. But at the end of the day if you choose not to go to Fan Fest because you don't want to donate $5 to charity, then yeah you're exactly right it's pretty sad. 

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I mean, I get it. An event that has always been free is now $5 to get in. So I'm not surprised that people's first reaction is to be upset. But at the end of the day if you choose not to go to Fan Fest because you don't want to donate $5 to charity, then yeah you're exactly right it's pretty sad. 

If the event was still a few thousand people it would be free still. It's a simple matter of thinking about the logistics as several people have noted. When you do that  it's obvious something had to change. When you refuse to think you get responses like theirs. 

8 minutes ago, csx said:

If the event was still a few thousand people it would be free still. It's a simple matter of thinking about the logistics as several people have noted. When you do that  it's obvious something had to change. When you refuse to think you get responses like theirs. 

Yep - I'll take having to pay $5 for a good team with interesting players that people want to actually come out see vs. the way it used to be when only a few thousand went. These are just growing pains. Which ,in my opinion, are great problems to have. 

Knew this would happen after seeing scalpers in the streets last year. My fiancés mother spent 4 hours online refreshing so some of us could actually go and enjoy it while you have these ass clowns profiting from something they could care less about. Per usual, a few morons ruin something special for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

9 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I mean....hypothetically if they were going to charge I'm sure it would be a small amount and for a good cause. 

Nice save.

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Yep - exactly. 

And the show at the end of practice alone is worth the $5 charity donation to get in. Let's all think here before overreacting. 

$5 admission confirmed lol

24 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

How is charging $5 a ticket (hypothetically) going to stop people from reserving blocks and scalping them?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Before, there was no effort or outlay to get tickets. The scum that would try to scalp free tickets don't have 30 bucks.

I'd charge 10, but you get a free drink in a commemorative cup once inside.

Archived