• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting IG post from Tolbert re: Olsen and TD contracts

KSpan

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

All of this angst and doom and gloom are way overblown. Hurney and Gettleman were at opposite ends of the spectrum. There is a lot of room for someone in the middle who can manage the money and be respectful and professional in their management of personnel. In other words you can be fiscally responsible without being a dick.

Yeah but until we have that person, doom and gloom is all we've got. Let us feel.

13 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

i hope they want to go 7-9 every year, bc that's what they're going to get

yea because losing td or olsen will really make us so much better  gettleman ripped a 15 and 1 superbowl team to a 6 and 10 laughing stock of the nfl . the cap goes up every year we have enough money to sign everyone 

3 minutes ago, Thorrez said:

So you are basically bashing Gentleman for being honest?

Honesty and being rude and abrasive aren't the same. Tell your wife or girlfriend they are fat and cloak yourself behind the premise of being honest and tell me how that works 

gettleman was overrated he was good every other year good 2013 bad 2014 good 2015 and bad 2016 , he brought in mostly bum free agents with exception of a few . i would have fired him last season to be honest after that terrible off season wasted so much money on bums that did nothing , if we didnt sign paul soliai we could of gave that extra $ to retain norman 

You guys are all over the map with apples and oranges. You have to separate the two notions.

Nobody questioned the fact the Tolbert, Smith, WIlliams, et al, were essentially past their prime and had contracts not conducive to the team's future. We get that. However....

... there is a right way and a wrong way to fire an established veteran, regardless of his/her profession, and this was obviously the case with these guys. And when you fire someone the wrong way, it doesn't take long for the word to get out within a profession which employs about 1500 men. In my opinion, that's part of the reason DG got canned. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Honesty and being rude and abrasive aren't the same. Tell your wife or girlfriend they are fat and cloak yourself behind the premise of being honest and tell me how that works 

This! 

This whole situation shows me, that most on here feel you can talk to these players any type of way, all because they make a great deal of money. That's not the case. From the janitor to the CEO, everyone deserves respect. You can't talk to people a certain type of way, and justify it by using the amount of money they make. Gettleman was a dick, and hopefully JR is able to bring in somebody who is able to make the tough business decisions like Gettleman, but do it in a way where you're still being respectful.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure anyone has a weaker argument that he was cut unfairly than Mike Tolbert.

Loved him when he was here, but let's be real.

Thought you had rode off into the sunset.. Gettleman being wrongly canned brought you back? Glad you're back 

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

All of this angst and doom and gloom are way overblown. Hurney and Gettleman were at opposite ends of the spectrum. There is a lot of room for someone in the middle who can manage the money and be respectful and professional in their management of personnel. In other words you can be fiscally responsible without being a dick.

This post sums up exactly the way I feel in regards to the DG firing yesterday.  I think JR was able to see how making tough decisions/cuts can be beneficial to the team and bring success (DG's style) but it doesn't mean he's going to totally abandoned all his philosophies.  I surely hope he's got people in his ear letting him know that he needs to find a GM somewhere in the middle.

17 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

That contradicts everything Tolbert has said earlier in February:

So this is off topic of the particular discussion in this thread, but just wanted to give ya a shout out @Saca312 for always attempting to provide evidence of your points/opinions and backing them up with stats, etc.  Wish more posters would do the same.  I know it can't realistically be expected from everyone on here, but just wanted to say that it's refreshing.

Just goes to show this is all bullshit because of the players wanting a cushy happy ending here. DG doesn't have to be the loving one in the organization. You can allow him to make decisions and allow others in the FO with prominent roles to do the niceties of firing these guys. Instead we lose a talented football evaluator because we can't find anyone else to be nice to the players.

I really want someone to get Olsen and TD in public to answer for their thoughts on DG getting fired and their role in discussions with JR. I'm sure they'll just sit there quietly and deflect if anything resembling a real question about this is asked. 

46 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I'm getting really fuggin sick and tired of these spoiled ass players coming out and chiming in. Notice how most of the players throwing shots at Gettleman are the ones who were past their prime and were mad that Gettleman didn't pull a Hurney and extend their washed up asses. And Tolbert should STFU anyway, we couldn't get rid of your worthless fatass fast enough. 3 years of dead weight for this team.

Amen.  

Archived