• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting IG post from Tolbert re: Olsen and TD contracts

KSpan

"Now it looks like everyone's getting what they wanted. Pay these guys!"

All signs continue to point to the most recent negotiations, rightly or wrongly, being the catalyst behind the firing.

And Tolbert's delusional if he thinks his play on the field hadn't 'deteriorated'.

EDIT: Looks like it's also buried at the end of the Gettleman firing thread, but worth calling out on its own.

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

And this is why this franchise will continue to me no more than mediocre at best. The fan boys think we are close to another SB run........we aren't even close. 

We took 5 steps back in one day. 

I'm getting really fuggin sick and tired of these spoiled ass players coming out and chiming in. Notice how most of the players throwing shots at Gettleman are the ones who were past their prime and were mad that Gettleman didn't pull a Hurney and extend their washed up asses. And Tolbert should STFU anyway, we couldn't get rid of your worthless fatass fast enough. 3 years of dead weight for this team.

So, did Gettleman say Tolbert's skill has deteriorated? 

There's definitely a better way of letting these guys go, and Gettleman didn't know how to do that. Had to let him go, as it seems a great deal of the players, past and current didn't like him.

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

There's definitely a better way of letting these guys go, and Gettleman didn't know how to do that. Had to let him go, as it seems a great deal of the players, past and current didn't like him.

That contradicts everything Tolbert has said earlier in February:

“Because that showed the type of respect that he has for me, the type of respect that Mr. Gettleman has for me. They didn’t send an intern to come get me. They sent the head guy in charge to come talk to me.”

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

So you are basically bashing Gentleman for being honest?

All of this angst and doom and gloom are way overblown. Hurney and Gettleman were at opposite ends of the spectrum. There is a lot of room for someone in the middle who can manage the money and be respectful and professional in their management of personnel. In other words you can be fiscally responsible without being a dick.

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

That contradicts everything Tolbert has said earlier in February:

You'll have to take that up with Tolbert, then *shrugs*. I'm only going by what I see in his current IG post.

Just now, Thorrez said:

So you are basically bashing Gentleman for being honest?

I'm not bashing anyone, and haven't bashed him. I do believe that if he told Tolbert his skills have deteriorated, then I can understand how someone could see this as disrespect. I just think talking to people the right way is an important quality.

Archived