• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you happy with Gettleman being fired? (A poll)

Hotsauce

Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A Poll)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A poll).

• Yes I am happy
    • No, I'm pissed
    • I'm still in shock and don't know how to feel about it

Seriously, if this turns about to be coddling the players, I'll be very disappointed in JR.  Not going to vow to burn my psl's or anything, but it's hard to feel bad for a couple multi millionaires on the back end of their careers.  DG wasn't perfect, but his leash certainly wasn't as long as Hurney's.

16 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Not happy about him being fired,however I was never fully on board with believing in DG, I'm am excited to see if the next gm will incorporated the best of hurney and dg, while adding another speciality.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This.

Never happy to see anyone get fired, but I'm hoping we can now get someone in here who not only can set us up favorably cap wise, but also talk to those in the locker room who make it all happen, better.

No not happy. Not with the timing and questions unnecessarily looming around our season now.

However, I am going to give all these fans and long time posters here dragging guys like TD and Olsen through the mud a hell of a lot of grief when they start celebrating and talking about how much they love said players after they score or make big plays. No one is above being called out for such fickle asshattery.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

No not happy. Not with the timing and questions unnecessarily looming around our season now.

However, I am going to give all these fans and long time posters here dragging guys like TD and Olsen through the mud a hell of a lot of grief when they start celebrating and talking about how much they love said players after they score or make big plays. No one is above being called out for such fickle asshattery.

Right, because you know these are the same fans that gave anyone else grief whenever they had a concern about the the team. I plan on calling people out as well.

I am not happy with the firing.

I am just praying to God that it could be a Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr situation.

Mark Jackson was pretty good at his job, was the best coach the Warriors had in years, had the team in the playoffs, and helped develop Steph and Klay, but was rigid in his ways, and had rocky relationships with people in the front office. So they fire him controversially and bring in Kerr, and it ended up being a great decision...

The question is, is JR capable of hiring a better GM than Gettleman..

34 minutes ago, emhoward said:

I am not happy with the firing.

I am just praying to God that it could be a Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr situation.

Mark Jackson was pretty good at his job, was the best coach the Warriors had in years, had the team in the playoffs, and helped develop Steph and Klay, but was rigid in his ways, and had rocky relationships with people in the front office. So they fire him controversially and bring in Kerr, and it ended up being a great decision...

The question is, is JR capable of hiring a better GM than Gettleman..

Great way of looking at it, as I've always said we were the Golden State Warriors of the NFL. Now with this coach/GM change, maybe now we can win the whole thing.

Archived